Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
$114
Staybridge.com
$149
$139
Sheraton Detroit Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
$148
$111
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsconvention centersuburban collectionconvention stayfrench toastattending an eventspacious roomfree breakfast isgreat place to staysitting areagrand rivernice amenitiesbreakfast sandwichmorning breakfastnice hotelhotel staffwalk in showerthe entire hotel
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is 24 miles from Ann Arbor, so we stayed here on a Michigan football week. The rooms are very big. We had 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa, so it accomodated our family of 4 very easily. There is also a very nice breakfast included, free wifi, workout room, and pool. Lastly, the staff couldn't be nicer. They promptly brought us extra blankets, refilled coffee when it was empty, and were so pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you for the recommendation! Our rooms definitely suit families well and we are glad your family enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed Hyatt Place in other cities. They are all identical and nice. I was expecting the same Hyatt Place. But once I stepped in, I found it was different from other HP in a good way.
Looks very new, contemporary, clean, spacious. I think HP is marketed somewhat similar to Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn or maybe Hilton GI, Courtyard by Marriott. But this HP is way above that standard. Per hotel staff, this HP is a new generation HP. Great lobby area and comfortable room. Very nice, courteous and friendly front staff. I was impressed by this new generation HP. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review! Our staff strives to provide great service, and will truly appreciate your comments. We're also glad you enjoyed the new look of Hyatt Place and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was so excited to go to the Cat Fanciers World Show event in Novi MI.
I Booked 3 rooms Sept 2nd well in advance of the event being held at the adjoining convention center November 23-24th. Today, 6 weeks after the confirmed reservations, I got a Voice Mail that the rooms were not going to be available to be and they left another hotels number for me to call. Their reason was that they had a computer glitch and over booked rooms. Even when I explained that I had made the reservations way, way in advance and at the time - there were plenty of rooms to be had..... it was pretty much - sorry to bad, there is nothing we can do. As you can imagine I am still distraught and have talked to managers and still they do not care or can do nothing for me. The reason I needed this hotel, and booked so early, is because as an exhibitor in the show, that was conveniently held down stairs in the hotel/convention center, I don't have to pack everything in the car for the show each day if I was in an offsite hotel... Pay for parking, find a parking spot and get everything loaded and unloaded each morning of the show. I have never been so discussed and have ever been treated like this before. I will never stay in another Hyatt again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mickey C

Dear Mickey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As expressed to you by all of our staff, we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our system error caused you. We completely understand the frustration it caused, and hope the alternate solutions we offered you were somewhat helpful. We would have loved to accommodate you and hope we can do so in the future. As mentioned in our phone calls, we have taken numerous steps to avoid this happening again in the future. Please feel free to call us if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nice new hotel. Lobby spaces are lovely. The actual lobby is separate from the convention space so still keeps the hotel feel and privacy. I have been in places where the lobby opens to the convention centre and there's too many odd people around. Staff is new, and eager to please but a little short on details that business travellers would need. Having a printed map of local area to direct visitors to shopping or restaurants would be great.

Beds are comfy. Highway noise is an issue but I've had worse, it is on the highway so to be expected. Bathrooms very clean, housekeeping attentive.

Parking is free, but if there is a convention on the parking attendants will try to collect a parking fee, tell them you are at the hotel.

Very convenient for convention, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about The Hyatt Place Novi at the Suburban Collection Showplace. Since your review we have updated our concierge binder with more maps of local restaurants, attractions, and events. We know this will greatly help our business guests by allowing them to explore our city without having to drive too far away from the hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place. Fantastic concept -- appreciated all the thoughtful offers they had -- superior workout room and pool, loved the 24/7 dining AND the quality of what was offered. SUPER employees, I could not believe the hospitality-barkeep-restaurant manager set of responsibilities they had. They delivered all their roles well! Would stay here again without question!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Paula J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! Our staff strives to provide excellent service and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay.