“awful service and terrible food”
Review of Kim's Gardens

Kim's Gardens
Ranked #143 of 194 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
detroit
“awful service and terrible food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went with my husband a son for dinner and the place was empty. I should have realized that it was not going to be good when I saw the lack of customers.
Even though there were no customers, the waiter still took ages to bring us our menus and then ages to take our order. I think it was because he did not want to be there. When the water came, it had bits floating in it so I asked him to change it. He spoke very bad English so it was already difficult to communicate with him. We ordered our food and it took ages to arrive and when it did, it was cold and tasted funny. I could not even eat mine. We did not take our left over food home with us, we quickly paid the bill and left, all night I was sick and had a terrible stomach ache. I would never go back there.

Visited October 2011

Fairhope, Alabama
“A little run down and the food is ok”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Not a knock your socks off kind of chinese resturant. The interior is worn and old, the staff is always busy and not overly freindly. Have been for lunch once and get takeout often as they are convient even if not great

Visited December 2011
Novi, Michigan
“MOST Horrid!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Do not order take out. How do you make fried rice so horrid? No flavor, very very very dry.
Everyone that ordered couldn't eat their food!

• Visited October 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“Terrible Chinese food”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Completely blew the Gai Kow. Why do some Chinese restaurants think American broccoli is acceptable in Chinese food? Cheap shortcut. Gai Kow should have Bok Toy in it !!!

• Visited October 2011
“Not to the standard of chinese we are used to in England.”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Went to Kims tonight, we wanted to leave before the food came, as the general cleanliness was not good. Is this normal for chinese's in America as we havent found a good one yet? The plates were dirty and cold, the food was bland and the sauces of a gluepy consistency. Overall, no one else was in there, which probably should of said alot to us. Being English, we did not complain, just paid and left very unhappy. I strongly advise you do not bother with the restaurant and if anyone knows a good Chinese in southeast Michigan, please put it on here.