“We go here every week!”
Review of Ajishin

Ajishin
Ranked #5 of 197 Restaurants in Novi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Great California rolls. Their soups are wonderful. I like the Ajishin, the Nanzenji, and the one with mountain plants. The curry beef is not on the menu but you can ask for it and they will accommodate you. We always order the grilled fish which comes with rice. Always a long wait to be prepared.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I go to ajishin whenever i can although it's an hour away from where i live by driving. I love the place so much, everyone around me loves it so much, and i bring people to ajishin who have never been there when i have time. when it's busy, the service is poor but at this restaurant, i really don't mind the waiting time and poor service, because the food is toooo good.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

As others have stated, you may have to wait... The restaurant is small, and the food is incredible. When they open for lunch, you need to be there within 10-15 min, or you will be in line.

Many Japanize auto companies and suppliers are in the area, and this is the restaurant many Japanize folks enjoy.

I have been to Japan several times, and have to say the union soup and sushi/sashimi is the best I have had in the US.

The fish is very fresh, and they are generous with size, unlike a few better known Japanize restaurants in the area.

Many times, I call in my order for takeout. Plan and call 30-45 min ahead.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I go there once every two months on average to get my udon fix since there aren't any decent udons in Ann Arbor. The place is always packed but it's worth the waiting. I always get the namesake udon (Ajishin) which is served in a bowl of delicious soup broth topped with fresh tasty tempura. Definitely try it out if you're in the area!

1  Thank teohwp85
Reviewed February 27, 2011

if you are not japanese, they will make you wait to sit down until all asians are seated. the sushi is overpriced but fresh. for americans,your sushi pieces will be random-sized leftovers. and the soup will have very little pieces of anything in it. they only serve water and tea.
i think the food seemed like good quality but non-asians are very obviously unwelcome so i would not go again.

Been to Ajishin? Share your experiences!