All reviews full kitchen front desk pull out couch exercise room marriott hotels fire pit queen bed basketball court the thanksgiving holiday our home away from home outside patio caring staff hot tub room number business trip movie theater checking out
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

We are beyond happy with our stay here!! We stayed here for a soccer tournament for our son. The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly. Gail at reception was exceptional, she remembered our names and which room number we were in, went above and beyond our expectations just to meet our needs. I have never been so happy with hotel services on my life. We will definitely stay here again, or recommend the hotel to friends and family. Don’t ever let Gail go!
Thank you for having such friendly staff members!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
AshleyT2545, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate your honest feedback. I am delighted to hear that Gail provided exceptional customer service, and I will also be sure to share your feedback with the team. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Novi!

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

I took my daughter and her three friends here for a girls shopping weekend. We were excepting a room with a fire place. There was no fire place. They also advertised Roku in the rooms, there was no roku. All of the signs leading to the pool say there is also a hot tub/whirlpool but when we asked they said the filled it in 2 years ago. 2 years is certainly enough time to update your website and signs. The worst part of the stay was actually our time in the pool. The girls swam for maybe a half hour and then went to the room. Within the next 20 minutes one of the girls broke out in a red bumpy rash. Another’s eyes swole up and turned pink. All girls complained of they’re previous cuts and bumps swelling and becoming itchy. What really pushed it over the edge, was when my daughter, broke out in full hives along with her fingers swelling up. She is on a swim team and is in chlorine all of the time. She doesn’t have sensitive skin and has never had this kind of reaction before. When we brought this issue up to the front desk we were told “this happens all the time the chlorine was just changed”. The hotel doesn’t sell any allergy meds so we had to drive to CVS when we walked in we were greeted by the woman working who said “do you still have hives” and when we told her they did she shrugged it off. The next morning I again brought it up and nobody seemed very worried. We had a fine time, that is just a safety concern that should definitely be addressed.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ella1434
AshleyT2545, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Detroit Novi and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the maintenance team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring in the future. We will continue to preform our routine chemical testing to ensure that the pool chlorine levels are well monitored and maintained, and we will be sure to investigate this matter further.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Novi.

Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

I got word from my brother that my mom was dying and that I needed to get to Detroit quickly. When I arrived I drove straight to the hospital from the airport without even booking a hotel. Seeings how it was New Year's Eve and I didn't have a reservation I turned to an "old friend" in The Residence Inn in Novi. I arrived at 10 pm hoping they would have a room. My wife have stayed here approximately 8 times in the past years and was hoping that they would have a room for me. Gail and Diamond, who were working the front desk we're more than accommodating for me. They got me booked and into my room within 15 minutes. I explained the purpose of my stay and that I'd be staying for 10 days. They expressed heart felt grief for me and the hotel staff even left a condolence card in my wife/my room about mid-week. Again...The Residence Inn, Novi stepped up and made sure my stay was as comfortable as possible. Mom passed on January 2nd and the staff was there for me and my wife. This hotel has truly become our home away from home.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
AshleyT2545, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Hello Mark,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Detroit Novi for your recent travels to Novi.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear that we could make your stay more comfortable. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values. I will be sure to share this positive feed back with Gail Diamond, and the rest of the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Ashley T.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

The location is easy to access andcslso next to a mall if you want to shop? We also found it handy to the highway - watch for construction if you are coming from the East, we found we could go East fine but from the East going West was s problem....

Room tip: Higher is better for quiet.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AshleyT2545, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn in Novi. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased to hear that our location was well suited for your needs. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

My extended family and I stayed at the Novi, MI property while in town for a wedding. During our stay, we wanted to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday with the family and a few local friends. The staff at the hotel arranged the fire-pit and barbeque area to accommodate the extra people. They even provided a couple of long tables for us to put out cake and refreshments.

At the end of the evening, they allowed those people that wanted to continue to visit to gather in the lobby for a few extra hours. All those that attended enjoyed the hospitality of the staff.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AshleyT2545, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn in Novi for your recent stay in the area. I am pleased to hear that the staff was accommodating. I am also delighted to hear that our facility was well suited to celebrate and enjoy time with your family. We hope to serve you again soon!