“Food ok, service NOT”
Review of Mirchi - CLOSED

Mirchi
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After my husband, who is not a fan of Indian food offered to indulge my taste for it, we decided to try Mirchi. We arrived and were seated in a booth (number 5 according to the sticker on the wall). We ordered some appetizers, though I was told they were out of samosas (!). Our appetizers arrived fairly quickly, and while the spring rolls were crisp and hot, the chicken Manchurian was warm in the center of the plate but cool on the outside. We had to ask for plates (which were grabbed from a neighboring vacant table) and sauce to accompany the spring rolls. We placed our order for the main course and then the wait began. As we sat there, a jewelry show that had been going on earlier in the banquet room was packing up and several gentlemen proceeded to roll a number of suitcases through the dining room. We had time to notice that there were numerous holes in the walls and that it was in need of a paint job. Our waitress finally came by to tell us that our meal was delayed because they "only had one tandoori oven and that it was being used for bread." It would be about 15 more minutes for my husband's tandoori chicken. She then disappeared. The 15 minutes came and went. Near the front, a woman was waiting for a carry-out meal. She launched into the person at the front desk that she had been waiting for 45 minutes. "You told me 15 minutes when I called. I know you are slow here so I even came late and my food still isn't done!"

Our waitress walks by and we are told that it will be only another 5 minutes for our food. Two minutes later, my chicken tikka masala shows up, but not my husband's tandoori chicken. He insisted that I begin without him. 3/4 of the way through my meal, he has had enough. He got up and told the host (couldn't find the waitress) to cancel his meal. A few minutes later, the male server who forgot our plates earlier, comes out with his meal, and he sent it back, no longer wanting to stay any longer. The waitress brings the check, which is about $23. He puts down a $50 bill and asks for change, thoroughly disgusted. She brings back $6 and change. After tracking her down, he points out the error in his change. "Oh, I thought you gave me a 20," she says. Say what? Is this some kind of new math? We got our change and hightailed it out of there. We will not be returning.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious. However as we were getting ready to leave I went to use the restroom. There was a roach in the hallway outside the ladies room. Disgusting. We will so not be back. The waitress was terrible but even so before the cockroach we would have been back because the food was great.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to the lunch buffet recently and I was afraid I was going to fall sick from eating there.

The buffet area is not kept clean. The dinner plates are dirty. There are no bowls available for the deals or soups. The labels are meaningless and sometimes even incorrect. There was a huge fly buzzing over all the food which was completely unappetizing. There was food all over the floors. Disgusting.

The wait staff dresses very shabbily and their clothes don't even look clean, let alone crisp and pressed.

And the food wasn't even good. Bone in everything made it difficult to enjoy any of th curries. Besides when you're already that disgusted I guess it's a waste to even talk about the food.

I shall never return. Ever.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've been here twice recently for the lunch buffet. I love Indian food--it's my favorite cuisine, so I was thrilled to discover the lunch buffet where I could sample many things I don't normally try. I had been to the previous location & was not impressed...at all. But after a period of time, I decided to give them another chance. Overall, the food is okay. Not great, but good enough. If you're an Indian food connoisseur, you will be disappointed, but for the general public, it's probably okay.

As with any buffet, the challenge is to keep certain things from drying out (the naan, for example, was dry at the buffet, but when we have ordered it directly off the menu, it's perfect.) Some items on the buffet were better than others, but you can chalk that up to personal taste, I suppose.

Here's what was lacking: service. We were served drinks, but weren't ask if we wanted refills until we were ready for the check. In fact, once we were seated & drinks brought to us, we didn't see our "server" again until it was time for the check. The place wasn't crowded, mind you, so it was a bit puzzling. My second complaint was since we are seated in the bar at lunch time (both times I have visited, this is where they put us), we had to watch CNN on two large screens. It's pretty hard to ignore, since it's a small space. The problem was they were showing some really graphic images (people seriously injured), which didn't make for a relaxing or appetizing lunch atmosphere. I would have asked them to change the channel, but again, our server was M.l.A. I hope this place steps up its game so they stay in business.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went to Mirchi for lunch today on 3/11/13. I wanted to sit at a table, but the waiter insisted that I sit in a booth, even though very few people were in the restaurant, and plenty of tables were open. Once seated, the waiter brought me a pitcher of water, and did not come back to the table. He was too busy looking at his phone and texting people as he walked around. I had to ask other diners where the buffet was located, and had to help myself to napkins from another table, since there were none with my flatware. The food overall was horrible, with the chicken makani barely passable. The waiter finally walked by, and I asked him for a diet pop to drink with my meal. He brought it to me, and when I asked for a refill later, he brought me a half of glass of pop. Apparently, he thought I did not need a full glass, even though the pop was $1.95. I only made one stop to the buffet. That was more than enough. After finishing, I went to the ladies room. It was not clean, and there was absolutely no tissue paper in any of the stalls. I very nicely mentioned to the cashier my disappointment with the service, the food, and the cleanliness of the restaurant, and he just shrugged his shoulders. I will never go to this restaurant again. I give them less than a year before they are out of business because it is apparent that they are not interested in what their customers have to say, and express absolutely no desire to change. I love good Indian cuisine, and I know good Indian food when I taste it. Mirchi is not it, nor will it ever be.