“First Time Diner”

Diamond Jim Brady's
Ranked #3 of 194 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Diamond Jim Brady's Bistro Bar since 1954, originally in Detroit, now nestled in Novi, Michigan. All the charm of a bistro with the neighborhood feel of your local bar. Certified Executive Chef/Owner Mary Brady & Chef/Managing Partner Sharon Juergens serve casual, trendy food in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy Potato Crusted Whitefish, Crispy Flat Bread with Chèvre Cheese & Prosciutto, a Big Pot of Spicy Mussels or our Famous Big DJ Burger. Hand crafted cocktails, Michigan draft beer & an affordable eclectic wine list round out the Bistro experience. Brady's is open for dinner seven nights a week, lunch Monday through Saturday and Brunch every Sunday. Patio seating available.
Ohio
“First Time Diner”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I tried to eat at this restaurant last year but they were in the process of moving. We are so glad we tried again for dinner. The menu was really different than the usual offerings you see at a casual dining restaurant. We had the chili and the bar cheese with pretzel bread for appetizers. They were both very good. I had the small Caesar salad and hubbie the regular house salad and both were perfectly portioned with great dressing. Our entrees were the crab legs with a 1/2 stuffed baked potato (special for the evening) and the Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon with noodles. The crab legs were abundant and very flavorful. The beef was very gourmet and the red wine taste was wonderful! I finished with the amazing cream puff made with vanilla ice cream and served with a locally made fudge sauce. WELL worth the calories! Will certainly eat here again. There is a nice cozy bar and they had a nice selection of wines by the glass.

• Visited February 2013

Farmington Hills, MI
“Enjoyable lunch experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Many years ago I frequented Diamond Jim Brady's at their old location, but had never been to the current location until I met a group of friends for a mid-week lunch. When we arrived at 11:30, the restaurant was empty. When we left at 12:45, it was totally packed. We felt that the menu was quite creative, and it was difficult to choose what to order. I chose a Salmon Gyro: broiled salmon, tomato, onion and tzatziki sauce on a pita. It came with a very fresh and interesting little salad. I certainly will return.

• Visited November 2012
“Bit of a let down”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This place came recommend but I have to say we were quite disappointed, the burgers didn't cut it and the tiramisu was dry and was returned uneaten.

Detroit, Michigan
“Great atmosphere, staff, food and small meeting place”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a lunch meeting here with a couple of out of town partners. Food was good and the service was FAST and awesome, we sat there for about 3 hours and NEVER felt rushed.

• Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Average meal on a Sat afternoon”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

After shopping, decided to give this place a try as it is always near the top of tripadvisor restaurants in the area. My wife and I were seated promptly but it took a bit to get drink orders. It appeared as if they had the poor bartender waiting on too many tables in the dining area. At any rate, service and friendliness by staff was very good. I tried a cup of chili and a burger. Chili was pretty good but I thought a little overpriced. The burger was cooked to my liking but there really was nothing special about the burger and fries. Plain burger that came with pickle, lettuce, and onion. Condiments on the side. Inside of restaurant was clean and decorated nicely enough, however, I would try another food item if I happen to stop again.

• Visited December 2012