Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a long term guest who has seen staff come and go. The staff that currently operates the property are exceptional. If your considering a long term stay, it would not hurt to give this property a look.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review and for your continued business. We appreciate you as our guest and thank you for your business.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed for a week, room was clean, plenty of towels, great continental breakfast and quiet! I cant stress how important a quiet hotel is for me. I came back for a return visit, and upon request gave arranged for me to have the same room.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. I completely understand and appreciate how important peace of mind and quiet is for our guests. I'm so happy to hear you had a pleasant and quiet stay with us. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My son and i came here because of his job. My daughter-in-law had to stay in Alabama until their house sells. We have been at Extended Stay America in Novi,Mi for 5 weeks. The staff here is exceptional, especially 2 staff members who have been just wonderful to us. Adam who works all shifts, and Phyliss who works days are just amazing. Always have a smile and a hello, and always willing to help us no matter whatever our needs have been. They have made a difficult situation easier on us all and i am very grateful we have begun our journey in Michigan here at this hotel. Thank you to all the wonderful staff.. Diane Dienethal--Room 323

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that we were able to provide you and your son with a home away from home as you relocate to Michigan. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We do greatly appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Overall, this was a decent hotel. A guy named Chris who was quick and bright with his concerns for guests and detail-oriented personality made my stay here wonderful! On the other hand, Phyllis, Kim, and Vanessa could smile a little more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your posting. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. It sounds like Chris took great care of you. I completely agree with you that smiles are very important - a smile is worth a thousand words. We strive to provide great guest service and I apologize you didn't experience that with every employee. Thank you again for your comments; thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visit detroit about 2 times a month for business and honestly wouldnt change my choice of hotel. Extended stay staff were very friendly and helpful when you asked questions about resturants and directions! Izak at the front desk was very helpful and did it all with a smile on his face. Rooms were very clean and the front desk made sure they accompained me with all my needs. I will continue to go there!!
Thank you for all you guys do !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are honestly good!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you! We appreciate your continued business. I'm happy to hear the staff was helpful, friendly and responsive. We work very hard to provide that great service so thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. the rooms are very clean, bedding was like new! I was very impressed with how nice and polite the staff was during my visit. The Highway is far enough away that you don't hear it and real easy to get on when you need to. I love the Meijers and the restaurants and we could walk to several of them. We will stay here again when were in Detroit.

Room Tip: rooms on the back have a wooded view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I wanted to reply to your recent posting; thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you like the new bedding. It's rewarding to hear the staff was polite and helpful. It sounds like our location worked out quite well for you. It is a quick trip on and off the highway and yes, there are a lot of great restaurants in that area. Thank you again for your comments and your business.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I took a solo trip to Detroit to do some photography and photojournalism work last week and had booked a vacation package through Priceline. The rate I got with this property was excellent, especially considering how large the rooms are and what they offer. I found the location to be great - it is a bit far from the airport and from downtown Detroit, but not so terribly far that it was any inconvenience at all. I felt much safer staying here than I probably would have had I been inside of Detroit. The staff was very nice as well.

The room was excellent and felt very much like home. A full kitchen, very large bathroom, couch, chair, and coffee table along with a flat screen TV I could swivel to watch whereever I was in the room was great. The room was clean and I loved that I could open the windows.

My one complaint is that the walls are VERY "thin" and I had a group of incredibly loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate people staying on the other side of mine. They were up all night arguing and just being ridiculous. I woke up the first morning at about 6am to the woman screaming about being disrespectful and something about batteries, then every night starting around dark they would go on and on and I heard every single word. I had to listen to music to drown them out. I didn't want to complain because it would be fairly obvious which neighbor was complaining due to the way the rooms are set up in the building, and I didn't want any nonsense coming over my way.

Other than that, which is the guests and not the hotel itself, I was very happy with my stay there, I would recommend it, and I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Detroit, but hopefully with more quiet and considerate neighbors!

Room Tip: Request a room in the back for less traffic noise, or a corner room for less neighbor noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I truly appreciate all of your feedback. It's great to hear the location worked out for you. I want to apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered. We strive to provide a home away from home experience for our guests. A crucial part of that is a relaxing, quiet environment. I am sorry you experienced that inconvenience and I appreciate why you were hesitant to bring to the hotel's attention. Please understand it is not a common occurence at our hotel and if notified, we will do everything we can to ensure you have a quiet night. I do hope you will give our hotel another try when next in the Novi area. We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Novi
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Hampton Inn Detroit Northville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place? Share your experiences!