Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgranola barslong stayfront deskroom was cleanbusiness tripstovemeijershoppingmichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Overall, this was a decent hotel. A guy named Chris who was quick and bright with his concerns for guests and detail-oriented personality made my stay here wonderful! On the other hand, Phyllis, Kim, and Vanessa could smile a little more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your posting. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. It sounds like Chris took great care of you. I completely agree with you that smiles are very important - a smile is worth a thousand words. We strive to provide great guest service and I apologize you didn't experience that with every employee. Thank you again for your comments; thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visit detroit about 2 times a month for business and honestly wouldnt change my choice of hotel. Extended stay staff were very friendly and helpful when you asked questions about resturants and directions! Izak at the front desk was very helpful and did it all with a smile on his face. Rooms were very clean and the front desk made sure they accompained me with all my needs. I will continue to go there!!
Thank you for all you guys do !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are honestly good!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you! We appreciate your continued business. I'm happy to hear the staff was helpful, friendly and responsive. We work very hard to provide that great service so thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. the rooms are very clean, bedding was like new! I was very impressed with how nice and polite the staff was during my visit. The Highway is far enough away that you don't hear it and real easy to get on when you need to. I love the Meijers and the restaurants and we could walk to several of them. We will stay here again when were in Detroit.

Room Tip: rooms on the back have a wooded view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I wanted to reply to your recent posting; thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you like the new bedding. It's rewarding to hear the staff was polite and helpful. It sounds like our location worked out quite well for you. It is a quick trip on and off the highway and yes, there are a lot of great restaurants in that area. Thank you again for your comments and your business.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I took a solo trip to Detroit to do some photography and photojournalism work last week and had booked a vacation package through Priceline. The rate I got with this property was excellent, especially considering how large the rooms are and what they offer. I found the location to be great - it is a bit far from the airport and from downtown Detroit, but not so terribly far that it was any inconvenience at all. I felt much safer staying here than I probably would have had I been inside of Detroit. The staff was very nice as well.

The room was excellent and felt very much like home. A full kitchen, very large bathroom, couch, chair, and coffee table along with a flat screen TV I could swivel to watch whereever I was in the room was great. The room was clean and I loved that I could open the windows.

My one complaint is that the walls are VERY "thin" and I had a group of incredibly loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate people staying on the other side of mine. They were up all night arguing and just being ridiculous. I woke up the first morning at about 6am to the woman screaming about being disrespectful and something about batteries, then every night starting around dark they would go on and on and I heard every single word. I had to listen to music to drown them out. I didn't want to complain because it would be fairly obvious which neighbor was complaining due to the way the rooms are set up in the building, and I didn't want any nonsense coming over my way.

Other than that, which is the guests and not the hotel itself, I was very happy with my stay there, I would recommend it, and I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Detroit, but hopefully with more quiet and considerate neighbors!

Room Tip: Request a room in the back for less traffic noise, or a corner room for less neighbor noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I truly appreciate all of your feedback. It's great to hear the location worked out for you. I want to apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered. We strive to provide a home away from home experience for our guests. A crucial part of that is a relaxing, quiet environment. I am sorry you experienced that inconvenience and I appreciate why you were hesitant to bring to the hotel's attention. Please understand it is not a common occurence at our hotel and if notified, we will do everything we can to ensure you have a quiet night. I do hope you will give our hotel another try when next in the Novi area. We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I actually stayed here by chance, choosing an undisclosed name hotel using Hotwire.com, which turned out to be The Extended Stay Deluxe-Novi. The Hotel is in a very convenient area, 1/4 mile or so from the highway, a stones throw from a Hypermarket type store, many restaurants, a cinema etc., but it is on a treed side street with zero road noise! Very unusual. I found the hotel and it's rooms to be in good condition & adequately clean, if a bit dated aesthetically. The rooms themselves, are nicely designed with a small kitchenette including a full size fridge and stove. Plenty of lighting around the room, with couch and table, recliner, desk and comfortable rolling desk chair. During my stay they replaced the older tube televisions with new flat screen televisions and there is complimentary, dependable WIFI. The rooms also have, ironing boards and irons, a coffee maker, toaster, towels and utensils. In the morning there is complimentary coffee, fruit and bagels, but I did not take advantage of this.

Cons: Really bad pillows, which is the reason I did not give them a 5 for sleep quality. It would be great if they would replace these with three substantial, supportive and/or overstuffed pillows. Could also use a few more television stations. I get a lot of my news from MSNBC, watch a number of shows on AMC and Comedy Central etc. None of these stations are on their roster of channels. That was a bit of a bummer. Another nicety would be an in room safe large enough for a laptop which are fairly common these days, both in the US and abroad.

An FYI: This hotel does not have daily cleaning service for stays of less than 7 nights. Which was not a problem for me. And was also mentioned by the front desk personnel at check in. But, many people may not expect this policy. Exchanging of towels can be done at the front desk if needed.

Bottom line: This hotel seems clean, well taken care of, convenient to much of the metro Detroit area. The front desk was attentive and helpful with the few questions and requests that I had. I feel this was a good value for the price I paid and would be even better if they could take care of the few "niggles" I mentioned! So I am going to give it a RECOMMEND! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback on your stay. It is very much appreciated when guests share their experiences with us. Overall, it sounds like our location was a huge plus, the staff provided great customer service and you enjoyed the basic amenities provided. We are so happy to have been able to make such a lasting impression on you!

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations. Once again, thank you for your kind words.