Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Miami, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visit detroit about 2 times a month for business and honestly wouldnt change my choice of hotel. Extended stay staff were very friendly and helpful when you asked questions about resturants and directions! Izak at the front desk was very helpful and did it all with a smile on his face. Rooms were very clean and the front desk made sure they accompained me with all my needs. I will continue to go there!!
Thank you for all you guys do !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are honestly good!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate your continued business. I'm happy to hear the staff was helpful, friendly and responsive. We work very hard to provide that great service so thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. the rooms are very clean, bedding was like new! I was very impressed with how nice and polite the staff was during my visit. The Highway is far enough away that you don't hear it and real easy to get on when you need to. I love the Meijers and the restaurants and we could walk to several of them. We will stay here again when were in Detroit.

Room Tip: rooms on the back have a wooded view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I wanted to reply to your recent posting; thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you like the new bedding. It's rewarding to hear the staff was polite and helpful. It sounds like our location worked out quite well for you. It is a quick trip on and off the highway and yes, there are a lot of great restaurants in that area. Thank you again for your comments and your business.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I took a solo trip to Detroit to do some photography and photojournalism work last week and had booked a vacation package through Priceline. The rate I got with this property was excellent, especially considering how large the rooms are and what they offer. I found the location to be great - it is a bit far from the airport and from downtown Detroit, but not so terribly far that it was any inconvenience at all. I felt much safer staying here than I probably would have had I been inside of Detroit. The staff was very nice as well.

The room was excellent and felt very much like home. A full kitchen, very large bathroom, couch, chair, and coffee table along with a flat screen TV I could swivel to watch whereever I was in the room was great. The room was clean and I loved that I could open the windows.

My one complaint is that the walls are VERY "thin" and I had a group of incredibly loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate people staying on the other side of mine. They were up all night arguing and just being ridiculous. I woke up the first morning at about 6am to the woman screaming about being disrespectful and something about batteries, then every night starting around dark they would go on and on and I heard every single word. I had to listen to music to drown them out. I didn't want to complain because it would be fairly obvious which neighbor was complaining due to the way the rooms are set up in the building, and I didn't want any nonsense coming over my way.

Other than that, which is the guests and not the hotel itself, I was very happy with my stay there, I would recommend it, and I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Detroit, but hopefully with more quiet and considerate neighbors!

Room Tip: Request a room in the back for less traffic noise, or a corner room for less neighbor noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I truly appreciate all of your feedback. It's great to hear the location worked out for you. I want to apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered. We strive to provide a home away from home experience for our guests. A crucial part of that is a relaxing, quiet environment. I am sorry you experienced that inconvenience and I appreciate why you were hesitant to bring to the hotel's attention. Please understand it is not a common occurence at our hotel and if notified, we will do everything we can to ensure you have a quiet night. I do hope you will give our hotel another try when next in the Novi area. We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for your business.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I actually stayed here by chance, choosing an undisclosed name hotel using Hotwire.com, which turned out to be The Extended Stay Deluxe-Novi. The Hotel is in a very convenient area, 1/4 mile or so from the highway, a stones throw from a Hypermarket type store, many restaurants, a cinema etc., but it is on a treed side street with zero road noise! Very unusual. I found the hotel and it's rooms to be in good condition & adequately clean, if a bit dated aesthetically. The rooms themselves, are nicely designed with a small kitchenette including a full size fridge and stove. Plenty of lighting around the room, with couch and table, recliner, desk and comfortable rolling desk chair. During my stay they replaced the older tube televisions with new flat screen televisions and there is complimentary, dependable WIFI. The rooms also have, ironing boards and irons, a coffee maker, toaster, towels and utensils. In the morning there is complimentary coffee, fruit and bagels, but I did not take advantage of this.

Cons: Really bad pillows, which is the reason I did not give them a 5 for sleep quality. It would be great if they would replace these with three substantial, supportive and/or overstuffed pillows. Could also use a few more television stations. I get a lot of my news from MSNBC, watch a number of shows on AMC and Comedy Central etc. None of these stations are on their roster of channels. That was a bit of a bummer. Another nicety would be an in room safe large enough for a laptop which are fairly common these days, both in the US and abroad.

An FYI: This hotel does not have daily cleaning service for stays of less than 7 nights. Which was not a problem for me. And was also mentioned by the front desk personnel at check in. But, many people may not expect this policy. Exchanging of towels can be done at the front desk if needed.

Bottom line: This hotel seems clean, well taken care of, convenient to much of the metro Detroit area. The front desk was attentive and helpful with the few questions and requests that I had. I feel this was a good value for the price I paid and would be even better if they could take care of the few "niggles" I mentioned! So I am going to give it a RECOMMEND! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback on your stay. It is very much appreciated when guests share their experiences with us. Overall, it sounds like our location was a huge plus, the staff provided great customer service and you enjoyed the basic amenities provided. We are so happy to have been able to make such a lasting impression on you!

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations. Once again, thank you for your kind words.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2012

it was clean and okay for the price offered, but is very far away from the air port and the traffic to and from the hotel is offel. I have not seen any house keepin to come in to clean for the four days i stay there. the place is very hard to find and prety much nothing around the area. not very welcoming enviroment. i wouldnt stay there next time even for much less price

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit – Novi. I am sorry your stay with us was not what you were looking for. Novi is a suburb of Detroit but yes, it’s probably 45+ minutes from the airport. I’m sorry you had trouble finding the hotel and weren’t happy with the location. Lastly, I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping service was not explained to you fully. We do not offer housekeeping service on a daily basis. We do replace towels, linens if needed. We provide a full cleaning after a guest stays with us seven days. Thank you again for your comments as it allows us to improve our overall service. If you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Laveno-Mombello, Italy
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks in July for a business trip and found the hotel room to be sufficient. The room was clean and everything in working order. The furnishings were a little bit older but it was all in good condition. The only issue I found was that you could hear the people in the adjoining rooms but at night we did not experience any problems with people being loud.

The staff was very friendly and the location is ideal because there are many restaurants and stores surrounding. Overall I felt this was a good hotel for a decent price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear our hotel worked out for you. I’m sorry for the inconvenience with the noise issues in adjacent rooms. I understand that might not have been ideal. We will work to find new ways to keep these disturbances from happening.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. The staff and I hope you will visit us again in the near future or any of our other brand locations.
Novi
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I want thank all the staff at Extended Stay Deluxe of Novi for all they did and provided for me during my nearly year long stay. I would highly recommend this hotel while staying in Novi and surrounding areas. I was truly my home away from home!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you very much the nice review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Detroit Novi. It’s great to hear we are delivering on our commitment of exceptional guest service. We very much appreciate your business; thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novi
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Staybridge Suites - Novi
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Hampton Inn Detroit Northville
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place? Share your experiences!