“One of my favorite restaurants”

Toasted Oak Grill & Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Toasted Oak Grill & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 194 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Voted "2011 Top 10 Best New Restaurants of Detroit" by Hour Magazine readers "Handsomely presented and well-executed dishes." - Sylvia Rector, Detroit Free Press Toasted Oak’s cozy dining room offers an exceptional restaurant experience highlighting locally sourced, quality ingredients - from fresh fish to wild morel mushrooms. Signature menu items include Chef Grostick’s House-made Charcuterie Platter with pickled vegetables & mustards, Faygo Root Beer braised short rib and the award winning Porchetta. The inviting space features a sophisticated décor of rustic indulgence created by noted restaurant designer David Ashen, plus a spacious outdoor patio
Michigan
“One of my favorite restaurants”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love a restaurant where you can order anything and you just know it will be good. Toasted Oak Grill is that type of restaurant. I've now eat at Toasted Oak on 4 separate occasions or as often as I can because I live an hour away. I've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner and each time has been a great experience all around. I really appreciate the focus on local, Michigan ingredients and the special section of meals that are sourced within 100 miles.

Our dinner recently was to meet up with a friend who was in town on business and we had a fantastic meal together. We started with mussels that were plump and perfect. Our friend is from California and loved the selection of Michigan beers and texted a pic of the menu back home to his jealous friends and family. The 'not your daddy's old fashioned' I had was excellent. I had the lake trout with pickled ramps, roasted carrots and parsnips. It was very fresh and fantastic. My husband loved his porchetta and our friend really enjoyed his first taste of Copper River Salmon, which he had never tried before. We ended the meal with their dessert board which I heard about on FB and our server was excited to see it because it's a new thing they are trying out. Everything on the board was unique and thoughtful. Chocolate orange fudge, lemon jelly, cookie dough slices, and biscotti with chocolate mousse and salted caramel for dipping. My suggestion is to come to Toasted Oak with an open mind and try something new, even something you didn't think you liked. The chef knows what he's doing.

canada
“Amazing! Delightful! and Memorable!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had the distinct pleasure of eating at the Toasted Oak for all my meals (dinner 1st, followed by breakfast the next day, then lunch and dinner again). Each meal was absolutely delightful. The burger was so delicious along with the side dishes which were made from local produce. I loved how passionate and proud the staff was about sharing knowledge about the local food and wine. I was so happy with my meal I came back for breakfast, and then lunch the following day. All of my meals were fantastic. And I have to say the Toasted Oak was a wonderful surprise that enhanced my trip and stay. Especially if you are a meat eater, the Toasted Oak will most assuredly win your heart. Thank you for serving such gracious delicious local delights. Must try!!!!

Hartland, Michigan
“Elegant dining w/friends”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant, intimately lit and perfect for conversation.
Dinner was wonderful. Would happily invite new friends to share the experience!

Visited April 2014
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Breakfast after Church”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This past Sunday was my second visit to Toasted Oak. Arrived around 12:30 PM and was seated quick. Even got a nice large booth for just two people. They sat us in the seating area which is closest to the hotel lobby. Our server Eric was polite and prompt in his service, no issues there at all. I had the waffles & my significant other had an egg white omelette. I liked how the omelette was served in a small cast iron skillet. Nice touch. The waffles had a tasty topping of strawberries and the presentation was spot on.

What kept me from giving this visit a 5 star rating was the utterly confusing placement of the child's play area. A huge yoga type mat, pillows, blankets, a TV with cartoons, and just feet away from where people are dining.

I am not anti-small children. I just found it shocking to see parents getting up from their tables mid meal to go and play with their kids followed by picture taking. This child's play area is something I would expect at a Holiday Inn, not the Baronette. I would love to add Toasted Oak to my cycle of breakfast places to visit after mass in Novi but I'm just not sure. Perhaps once I hear back from management I will feel better about why they chose to include this in their restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Chelsea M, General Manager at Toasted Oak Grill & Market, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Erik, thank you so much for you feedback I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the food! Slumber brunch is a theme brunch that we have been showcasing for a few years and currently we find to be successful. The greater Novi community has really embraced it. I know that you are looking for a great brunch place for Sundays, but we do run a brunch without a kids room on Saturdays. Also if you do decided to come back and join us for Sundays we can seat you on north side of the dining room. Erik thank you again for the review we love to hear feedback and take it into consideration
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had eaten here last year during our visit to The Baronette and had an even better meal this year! Prices are fair for the wonderful quality you receive, service was spot on (thank you Phil), and the wine prices are great. Since there is a wine store on site, they upcharge a bottle by only $7 for you to enjoy while dining - very cool idea as wines in restaurants are so highly marked up it gets us crazy!
Definitely a wonderful restaurant considering it's in a hotel - a must visit!

Visited June 2014