“A Favorite Restaurant of Ours”

Toasted Oak Grill & Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Toasted Oak Grill & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 194 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Voted "2011 Top 10 Best New Restaurants of Detroit" by Hour Magazine readers "Handsomely presented and well-executed dishes." - Sylvia Rector, Detroit Free Press Toasted Oak’s cozy dining room offers an exceptional restaurant experience highlighting locally sourced, quality ingredients - from fresh fish to wild morel mushrooms. Signature menu items include Chef Grostick’s House-made Charcuterie Platter with pickled vegetables & mustards, Faygo Root Beer braised short rib and the award winning Porchetta. The inviting space features a sophisticated décor of rustic indulgence created by noted restaurant designer David Ashen, plus a spacious outdoor patio
Novi, Michigan
“A Favorite Restaurant of Ours”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Toasted Oak is a unique and enjoyable restaurant - it is one of our favorites in the Novi area. We have visited it several times and have always enjoyed our meal. The cornbread they serve is absolutely wonderful as well as the sausage sampler appetizer - amazing! The reason I'm giving Toasted Oak four stars instead of five stars is that I wish they just had a few more dishes to select from the entree and salad menus. I usually like restaurants where I have to make a decision what to order rather than there only being one or two items that I would enjoy. Other than that, everything has been outstanding. Service always friendly and the atmosphere is contemporary, cozy & relaxing. This is a restaurant we will visit time and time again.

Troy, Michigan
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited at around 1:00 on a Saturday for lunch. A bit disappointed that they were serving a brunch menu. My Caesar salad was small for the price. I asked for no anchovies but got them anyway. Drink refills were slow in coming. My husbands pancakes were only okay. It was generally overpriced. I wouldn't return.

1 Thank msu_mom
Kelsey M, Manager at Toasted Oak Grill & Market, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your reveiw. We value feedback, especially when it is constructive. We are so sorry to hear that you were unimpressed by your brunch- the last thing we want is for one of our guests to leave disappointed. We strive to offer impressive dishes, both in quality and portion sizes and we want our employees to provide high quality service to match. We are very sorry to hear that we fell short in your case and we hope that you will come back in the future and give us a chance to redeem your experience.
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Food!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been to Toasted Oak several times and am never disappointed. The pickled beet salad is my favorite and the duck pate was delish! My boyfriend had the steak and frittes. Being a meat and potatoes guy, he was in heaven. I've also had the mussels and they are great too. If you haven't been to Toasted Oak yet.....GO!

• Visited February 2014
Plymouth, Michigan
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went here with friends for an early Saturday dinner. The menu has a few local items and a lot of other dishes that seem to be centered around pork. The restaurant is attached to a small market selling wine and deli items. Tables are nicer in the restaurant area near the fireplace. Modern, clean lined decor. Ceilings are mirrored which seems odd. I had the trout and it was very good. Hubby had a duck dish of some kind that was pretty skimpy and he said was " just okay." Our friends both had beef dishes and enjoyed them. Desserts... nothing to get excited about. Wine list is decent. Service was good. Saw some pizzas being served and they looked yummy. Would try that next time. Dinner for 4 with 4 alcoholic beverages and two desserts came to about $240 after tip.

• Visited March 2014
Kelsey M, Manager at Toasted Oak Grill & Market, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are always excited to hear about our guest's experiences and we take your suggestions seriously. I am sorry your husband was not impressed with his meal, the duck you mentioned was one of our rotating local dishes so we hope you'll come back and give them another try, we'd love another chance to wow you! We agree that our wine list should be taken to the next level. One of our managers has a huge passion for wine and he is currently working on adding about 100 new bottles to our wine list. Thanks again for your comment, we hope you'll dine with us again soon.
Michigan
“Great Potential Bad Execution”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Interesting menu but the cooking is average at best. The decor is very cookie cutter lifeless. Service is friendly but not top notch. Not worth visiting again ... Unless they tweak the formulaic approach.

1 Thank foodist08
Chelsea M, Manager at Toasted Oak Grill & Market, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at Toasted Oak Grill & Market. First I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with us. We think all feedback is good feedback. We really do take pride in our 'guest experience' here at Toasted Oak. We try to make every experience an amazing, and unique one. However we seem to have missed the mark this time. Please accept our sincerest apologies. It is always our goal is to address our guests concerns so that we can ensure each guest that dines with us has an exceptional experience.

Been to Toasted Oak Grill & Market? Share your experiences!