“Bad Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, United States
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The check-in clerk outright lied about occupany until I mentioned my hilton honors status, then miraculously she was able to find multiple vacant rooms. Im a 32 year old white male & was in a suit & tie so I dont believeI was "profiled" I think the clerk was outright lazy. So because the stay was last minute & I didnt feel like typing all of my info on my phone for a reservation, I was nearly denied a room, then eventually charged 4 times the internet rate. The room was ok, however, Im not crazy about having to keep a room key in the wall to keep the power on. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGINoviGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience with the front desk. Our goal is to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the hotel. It appears that we did not meet our goal. If you get some time in your busy schedule, I would like to better understand exaclty what happened. I can be reached at the hotel Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm weekdays. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Sincererly
William Holper, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times for the past 3 or 4 years. It is a great business hotel especially for Hilton Honors members.

Staff are always helpful. Rooms are very clean. And beds are very comfortable

I have never had a real problem here and have stayed probably 40 times. Overall it is an excellent value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

On 5/19, the day of our checkout, Kevin was manning the front desk. He was extremely helpful when asked for the name of a local restaurant for breakfast and even printed out directions. The restaurant was as good as promised. He was genuinely happy to help and genuinely glad that we enjoyed his recommendation. He was also very thorough and knowledgeable about some charges that I had seen in my bank account from the hotel. He explained why they were there and why they would eventually drop off. A number of people in out party who dealt with him mentioned his enthusiasm. We also ran into another staff member named Ashley in the lobby when we were checking out and she was very friendly. we had a great conversation about lacrosse (the reason for our visit) and it turns out we had some friends in common. The lobby and rooms were clean and pleasant. Close to shopping and food. Easy to get to.

Graqnger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great staff, super location, makes each and every stay there and comfortable as one could every except. I have numerous business associates who also stay that this facility and they share the same positive compliments about the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Ijamsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the third year in a row that I have come to Novi to enjoy the annual scrapbooking convention, Great Lakes Mega Meet. Each time I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Novi. What a treat. The rooms have been consistently comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast has been consistently fresh and varied (and tasty, too).

The best part of our stay has been the staff. They are genuinely friendly and helpful, from the front desk personnel to the kitchen staff. I would especially like to single out Eddie from Room Service. He was so helpful in his suggestions for our dining enjoyment. He went out of his way to call us back when we asked him about a box lunch for the following day and he delivered a fresh tasty treat. We enjoyed his personable and professional demeanor...and the food as well.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Top notch hotel with close proximity to shopping, dining and major highways in the Detroit area. Friendly staff only added to the premium accommodations and amenities, which is always a nice plus in these times where customer service is sometimes lacking. Thank you to management and staff for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were very happy and comfortable during our 5 night stay over a very busy weekend. The staff was friendly, helpful and well trained. Breakfast was well worth the money -- convenient, delicious and with very good service. The first floor room had a great bed, high ceilings and felt quite spacious. Free wifi worked well, as did the individual HVAC units. We will stay there whenever we're back in the Detroit area - which is often.

1 Thank Paul D