“Good place”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Novi
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel offered a nice, clean room and a nice service. The breakfast buffet was included (some kind of promotion) and they offer a nice variety of things. Internet is free of charge. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. I complained to Hilton Headquarters two days ago, and I still have not received a response! Very upset. 1) Hotel indoor pool was freezing and tasted/smelled of salt water; 2) My husband slept on a bed in room 227 that might cause him to need back surgery it was so poor! Slump in the middle can really ruin a trip; 3) It is not kid friendly at all!!! My children tried to watch a Disney Channel movie, and the hotel did not have Disney Channel??? Really? What hotel does not have basic Disney Channel?; 4) The room service was really too expensive for the food received; 5) and as a kicker, the hotel had us booked for two rooms, but the travel agent only sent them one request. I better receive a call from Hilton soon....Or, I will be reporting them to the BBB!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HGINoviGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your disatisfaction with the hotel this weekend. Hilton Garden Inn has a Brand Promise that states if you are not satisfied then you do not pay. I would love to speak with you in person and honor the brand promise. I can be reached at the hotel Monday - Friday 8a - 5p.

I look forward to speaking wiht you in the near future.

Bill Holper, General Manager

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Check-in was easy, however I arrived early and they were unable to put me in a room. They did however hold my luggage as I went to a meeting and when I came back was able to check-in.

The room was clean and neat. Nothing jumped out as it being better or worse than other Hilton's that I stayed in. (Some of my co-workers that stayed got notes from their cleaning ladies with cute stickers on them!)

Breakfast was good (you need topay for breakfast). I accidentally didn't pay the first day and they didnt hold it against me.

The only down side was that we were staying at this hotel for an event and it's not within walking distance and we had to rent a car. There are many restaurants near-by and a bar in the hotel, so we didn't have to drive far for those ammenities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Clean room and crisp linens coupled with a comfortable bed made for an enjoyable stay. Great shower! I can't believe how many hotels overlook this. The freshly-baked chocolate cookies were a lovely touch in the lobby! The hotel and grounds were very well kept and the decor was fashion-forward. Breakfast was delicious (although not included) with omlettes made to order. Very friendly and helpful staff! Excellent restaurants within walking distance as well as a cinema that serves alcohol, an arcade, glow golf, and a bowling alley.I believe this property is only four years old.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was wonderful. We travel to the Novi area frequently and have tried several hotels. This is hands down my favorite and where we will be coming back to. The rooms were very clean and you could get 2 queens in a room. This is a plus for us because we travel with kids! There is an indoor pool, free wifi, and a restaurant. The food was great! The staff was very friendly! The location was great, close to the interstate, shopping and restaurants. We will definetly be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mommyintheburbs
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A nice hotel that is very close to some shopping and restaurants. Fairly new, it's easy to get to and in a good location. I go to Wixom a lot for work and it works for me every time. A bit pricey at times, I trade that off for being newer and easy access to food and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SalMTravels
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I have stayed here no less than 15 times over the last 2 years. We are originally from the area but now live in a different city. We stay here every time we visit our home town. The location is great, as it is close to shopping and entertainment (movie theater, restaurants, etc.). Overall the staff are pretty friendly. On occasion we have had some less than enthusiastic people at the front desk, but the two women I'm speaking of don't seem to be regulars. Most of the staff know my husband and I by name, which is nice. The rooms are pretty clean and the maids are always friendly and helpful (e.g. bringing extra towels). The mini fridge and microwave are good to have in the rooms. We visit the pool almost every time we stay here. It's never crowded and my kids love it. The facilities are also clean. They also have a small fitness center. We often take advantage of the hot breakfast buffet. The food is tasty, especially the made-to-order omelets. It's reasonably priced and the kids eat for half the price. Overall, this is a nice place to stay. It has everything you need. It can get a little crowded during holidays, but generally is pretty quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room away from the elevators. These rooms are more quiet.