“Clean and Well cared for Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Novi
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Recently I was traveling for Business in the Detroit area and stayed with the Hilton Garden Inn. Great Hotel very clean and well cared for. I spoke to the GM and shared that I thought that this property was very nice and you can tell that he really enjoyed being in the Hotel Industry.
Pool could be a little warmer.

Room Tip: Try a top level floor.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place isn't much different than other Hilton's I've stayed at. The service is good, the rooms are clean and the staff is helpful.

The breakfast was better than I had anticipated. Fresh omelettes every morning and the selection of cereal and other items was very good.

The fitness room wasn't too bad either. It had a couple treadmills, an elliptical and a bike, plus some free weights and exercise balls. It was much better than many hotels I've been in. The pool on hot tub area seemed well kept as well, although I didn't use the facility so I can't say for sure but I did see many people using it and they all seemed quite happy.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. My only complaint is that the beds have those dials that are supposed to adjust the firmness of the mattresses but I don't think they work. I've tried them before in other Hilton Garden Inns and the beds still feels quite hard even on the softest setting, but I still slept fine so not a huge deal. The pillows were at least really comfy.

1  Thank BobbyDij
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was a bit leery of staying here with some negative reviews i saw about this place. However this place was great the customer service was great the whole place great. I think that Jeri and Abby Gale were great very helpful and bent over backwards to help me out. I would come here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I am staying for the second time in this hotel. Like the last time my entire body was itching after the first night and throughout the whole day. I did not pay too much attention to that at first. Then by coincidence I found 2 other guests with the same problem.
We suspected the chemicals in the detergent for the linen or towels to be the reason - but that is only a guess.
Talking to the hotel manager he seemed to have little interest in the topic and appeared not only not alarmed but answered along the lines: We have never had anyone complain in the last years and we have tested the chemicals and that is why there is no problem.
I offered several solutions (we could wash linen in the washing room next door and then test if I have an improvement) but he seemed more interested in ending his shift than to help me.

1  Thank paolo95
Michael B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Novi last March. I apologize for the lack of compassion that the individual showed regarding your concern. The comfort of our guest during their stay is extremely important and takes top priority. Since your stay the hotel has installed a new laundry system that requires fewer chemicals to clean our linens. Although we cannot completely eliminate chemical use in the process, this drastically reduces the amount applied. I would be happy to discuss any further questions you may have.

Bill Holper, General Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel several times. The staff is super friendly and helpful from check in people to the restaurant staff. The rooms are clean and spacious. The beds are the adjustable kind so you have to find your comfort level. There are many amenities... fitness center and pool, business center, small food pantry and sundry items, free wireless in rooms, and a bar open from 5-9. Breakfast is extra but they have a chef who will do speciality omelets that are very good. The hotel is located near several shopping areas and restaurants. It is a little hard to find if you are coming off the highway as it is behind a mall but this location also makes it quiet. We will continue to stay here when visiting Novi.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tybeegirlOhio
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The hotel was clean and well run and the restaurant food was very good. The most impressive thing was that every single employee was friendly, helpful, and professional - great hotel! It's also right across the street from an upscale mall.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past couple of years for business purposes. The hotel is closeby Twelve Oaks Mall. During this past stay I had a bad experience with housekeeping - they left a used wash cloth from the previous guest in my shower. This did not sit well with me at all and when I called the Manager on Duty to let her know she was very sympathetic and helpful. This oversight is not typical at most Hilton properties that I stay at and I would recommend this hotel as I have never had a problem here on previous visits.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business