Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
$95
$174
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
$119
$139
Courtyard
$149
$139
Sheraton Detroit Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
$148
$111
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewshi expresspancake machineruby tuesday next doorsuper nice staffbath and body worksfront desknice bedsausage pattieswould stay againking suitewedding venuetigers gamebasic amenitiesshort driverecommend staying herebreakfast areayogurt
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great experience at this hotel. I was treated like a 1st Class Customer by Sam at the front desk. He really cares about, and for Customers of this hotel/chain. Upon arrival at the hotel, I had a large room but with a noisy heater. Sam listened to me, then he came to the room and listened to the heater. He agreed that I needed to be moved and handled that expeditiously and courteously. He then loaned me his cell phone charger, because mine is still in the wall outlet at home, and then made a reservation on my behalf further down the road of my week. I failed to make the adequate arrangements with my corporate travel person but Sam took care of me!! Great Job Sam!! I will continue to patronize the Holiday Inn chain, especially because of staff like Sam.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Was disappointed for a Holiday Inn. Long line up to check in, and we arrived around 9 pm. Was with our son's soccer team. Rooms were just okay, stained carpets though. The ladies at the desk actually called the police on our group for sitting outside having a drink - the police laughed when they got there. The ladies working the continental breakfast were annoyed that the boys were eating (and we all cleaned up our mess) they were just annoyed that they had to keep putting food out. This hotel was cotracted through the tournament that they wanted groups and it was obvious staying there that they didn't like having groups. I would definitely not recommend this hotel if you are travelling as a team or group. Nothing but problems. When the girl from the front desk was leaving for the day she laughed to her co-worker and said call me at home if you want and I'll call the police again for you. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank momof3hockeyboys
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear momof3hockeyboys,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our location convenient. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the troubles you have encountered during your stay. The feedbacks we receive from our valued guests, like you, enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I only had a brief overnight stay but ran in to secure a room and the front desk was very helpful with finding me the best rate and also giving me a room close to the entrance for convenience since I am a smoker (all hotels in Michigan are non-smoking now).

Breakfast pretty usual fare. If you want or like hot, it is edible but not really great. But it is free so who can complain overmuch.

Pretty airport accessible - about 20 minute drive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I picked this hotel for a business trip in the Country Club corporate park, since it was right down the road. The front desk clerk was super helpful and efficient in getting us checked in and providing suggestions for good restaurants in the area. The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was pretty comfortable! The towels and washcloths were the softest linens in any hotel stay that I can remember.
Now for the cons....the bathtub wasn't conducive to laying back to relax since it didn't have the recline angle in it, though. And most importantly, the walls were paper thin. I could hear the conversations and the TV from the room next to me. You could tell that the gentleman wasn't shouting, just having a regular conversation, and I could hear every word he said. My colleague said the same of her room as well. Out of all the things to cut corners on in building a hotel, this seems like the last thing to do so.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, but I'm not sure I would stay here again simply due to the fact that I'm a light sleeper and would prefer to not hear everything my neighbors say or do.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jessic2952
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed only one night in a room with a king size bed. While the mattress itself was comfortable, the pillows were awful. Labeled as, "soft," or "firm," they both felt the same...like sleeping on a brick. The temperature of the room was also hard to regulate-fine if the air conditioning was running, but hot & stuffy when the unit cycled off. I recommend switching the fan from 'auto' to 'on' so the air will continually circulate. We very much enjoyed the shower; the shower head is oversized & the water pressure good (there is nothing I hate more then feeling like the shower is just trickling out!). I requested an in-room refrigerator & was given one for no extra fee. I can't speak to the breakfast as we were heading out quickly & just grabbed some bagels & fruit to eat on the road, but the cinnamon rolls looked yummy. Overall, I found the staff to be friendly & accommodating, the price reasonable, liked the location & the fact that the hotel was quiet. I would recommend & stay here again, but with my own pillow!

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear footballwidow1111,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We were particularly pleased to read your encouraging comments about our location, price and staff. I am glad you enjoyed the shower and found our hotel quiet. I have noted your comments regarding the air conditioner and the pillows. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie Dayag