“Quick Stop. Friendly helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Odenville, Alabama
“Quick Stop. Friendly helpful staff”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I only had a brief overnight stay but ran in to secure a room and the front desk was very helpful with finding me the best rate and also giving me a room close to the entrance for convenience since I am a smoker (all hotels in Michigan are non-smoking now).

Breakfast pretty usual fare. If you want or like hot, it is edible but not really great. But it is free so who can complain overmuch.

Pretty airport accessible - about 20 minute drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I picked this hotel for a business trip in the Country Club corporate park, since it was right down the road. The front desk clerk was super helpful and efficient in getting us checked in and providing suggestions for good restaurants in the area. The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was pretty comfortable! The towels and washcloths were the softest linens in any hotel stay that I can remember.
Now for the cons....the bathtub wasn't conducive to laying back to relax since it didn't have the recline angle in it, though. And most importantly, the walls were paper thin. I could hear the conversations and the TV from the room next to me. You could tell that the gentleman wasn't shouting, just having a regular conversation, and I could hear every word he said. My colleague said the same of her room as well. Out of all the things to cut corners on in building a hotel, this seems like the last thing to do so.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, but I'm not sure I would stay here again simply due to the fact that I'm a light sleeper and would prefer to not hear everything my neighbors say or do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jessic2952
michigan
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed only one night in a room with a king size bed. While the mattress itself was comfortable, the pillows were awful. Labeled as, "soft," or "firm," they both felt the same...like sleeping on a brick. The temperature of the room was also hard to regulate-fine if the air conditioning was running, but hot & stuffy when the unit cycled off. I recommend switching the fan from 'auto' to 'on' so the air will continually circulate. We very much enjoyed the shower; the shower head is oversized & the water pressure good (there is nothing I hate more then feeling like the shower is just trickling out!). I requested an in-room refrigerator & was given one for no extra fee. I can't speak to the breakfast as we were heading out quickly & just grabbed some bagels & fruit to eat on the road, but the cinnamon rolls looked yummy. Overall, I found the staff to be friendly & accommodating, the price reasonable, liked the location & the fact that the hotel was quiet. I would recommend & stay here again, but with my own pillow!

• Stayed May 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear footballwidow1111,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We were particularly pleased to read your encouraging comments about our location, price and staff. I am glad you enjoyed the shower and found our hotel quiet. I have noted your comments regarding the air conditioner and the pillows. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie Dayag
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greentown, Indiana
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Fairly new hotel with a good, free breakfast that had hot and cold items (Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls, bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, danish, milk, coffee, fruit juice machine). Coffee is available 24/7. Internet at the "business center" was incredibly slow, and WiFi did not work in my room (this was VERY disappointing). Hotel was clean, but not sparkling. For the lights to stay on in your room, you have to put one of your keycards in the slot next to the light switch when you enter. The desk lamp or reading lights by the beds can still be left on, though, so you don't have to come back from dinner to a dark room. Bathroom was nice, and a decent size, however I wish the vanity was outside the bathroom. That allows you to brush your teeth, etc. without waiting for someone to get out of the shower. Overall, nice - typical for this price range. I was not wowed, but it is certainly sufficient for family, business, and solo travel. For friends or couples, splurge for something more higher-end if you can. The best features are that the hotel is pretty new, and the breakfast is good. Go elsewhere for Internet. Best wishes!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Irishdancer13
Chicago
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is a newer Holiday Inn Express. My own major complaint of this hotel is that the walls are very thin. There is really no excuse to make the walls with so little sound insulation. People next door could easily be heard talking on the phone and they were not even talking that loud. One neighbor woke me up at 6:30 when he started to talk on his phone.

There is a large breakfast area. The breakfast is a little better than the average free hotel breakfast found at other hotels. The rooms are wells kept and the bed was comfortable. The AC unit was rather loud. No issues with the staff. I had a group rate for the hotel and it was very reasonable. That may be a reason to consider the hotel.

There is a Ruby Tuesday that is next door to the hotel. Other restaurants are a short drive from the hotel.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Baxman,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went for a meeting in Farmington Hills and stayed at this hotel for one night. This is a newer hotel, very clean and modern, good location. Room was clean and well appointed, comfortable and great bed - the furnace wasn't noisy either and that is always something that I hope for! Clean, decent but nice breakfast area with quite a few choices. Definitely will stay here again when I come in the area for meetings.

Room Tip: I like Panera Bread, so there is one just down the road going East. Also other restaurants near by a...