“Great Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Normally I try to avoid chain restaurants, particularly for a special occasion, but I had heard really good comments from folks going to this place so I decided to give a go for my wife's birthday. It turned out to be a great choice. Though the dining room was a bit tightly packed, it lead to a fun ambience. The decor was tasteful. We were greeted graciously by the host who immediately acknowledged the reservation was made to celebrate my wife's birthday and she hardily offered her best wishes. We were promptly lead to our table and almost immediately greeted by a most gregarious server, Kate, who again acknowledged the birthday and ensured that she was there to make this a memorable event for us - with fabulous service. She delivered with an extensive knowledge of the menu - preparations and suggestions based on what type of meal were would find interesting. The edamame appetizer was surprisingly good - a mixture of sweet and salty in the preparation. Salads were fresh and dressings flavorful and just the right amount The seared tuna that I ordered was done perfectly rare as requested and my wife's sea bass was delectable. Again perfectly cooked and beautifully presented with nice garnish. Key lime pie at dessert was as wonderful as Kate opined that it would be. While the food was wonderful, our server Kate made the evening truly special. She was not only attentive, but her interaction with us confirmed that she really did want us to enjoy our evening and that she was determined to make our evening memorable. She succeeded beyond expectations - and demonstrated the highest degree of professionalism. Obviously not only does she care about the customer, but the restaurant management must focus on extensive training. I'm not usually effusive about service - this was one of those times that warrants the note of exceptional, a standing ovation.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

the place was packed but worth it. Especially the bang bang shrimp and bang bang chicken appetizers!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is an update to my review last yr for what used to be 1 of our favorite local restaurants. The last time we went we noticed a marked drop in everything, perhaps due to the departure of the former manager Brian O'Hara. However, am happy to report that we had a great experience @ our last visit, though due to where I know this Bonefish can go, only rated it 3. Everyone loved their meals - lump crab cakes (some of the best in SE MI), corn crab soup, stuffed wolf fish, bang bang shrimp. They also make a great espresso martini. Service is still not up to par, as the past practice of every wait person helping each other out (filling water, clearing tables) wasn't taking place. One of the cardinal sins a waitperson can do is let a glass of water become empty. Also would have like to see the manager replicate 1 of Brian's great practices - visit customers in the dining room. I didn't see him leave the host stand. So believe the future is bright for this Bonefish, as long as they don't stop improving!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food offerings at Novi Bonefish are very good, and they arrive usually tasting very good. The service suffers from overcrowded conditions, particularly during Friday and Saturday evenings.
A suggestion would be that management do a better job of crown control. This can be accomplished in a number a different ways, one being the location and size of the bar together with adequate bar tending services. As such we try to avoid going there after 6 pm on either Friday or Saturday.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everytime my husband and I eat here its a good time. The food is always fresh and delish, the waiters take great care of you and the drinks are on point. This is an awesome spot to keep on the list of favorites.

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!