“Authentic Korean BBQ and great service”
Review of BI BIM BAP

BI BIM BAP
Ranked #15 of 197 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: Sushi, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a fabulous Korean restaurant. The food quality and attentive service reminded me of my visits to South Korea. The side dishes were all delicious and the greens were fresh. We ordered a couple different types of beef to cook at our table which was excellent. The restaurant even has Korean beers and soju available which makes for an "authentic" dining experience.

I was in town for a tradeshow and had two colleagues from South Korea with me at dinner. They thoroughly enjoyed their experience here too...so much we contemplated returning the next night!

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We have been here 3 or 4 times and it's been great each time. Everything we have tried has been delicious and service has always been wonderful.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our family has been going to this family owned restaurant for Korean barbeque and sushi for years. You are always greeted with a warm and friendly face. The food and service are outstanding. Save room for the green tea ice cream......a delicious treat.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

One of the waitresses, was the rudest server I have ever encountered. I went there for dinner and when paying my bill I told her to keep the change. A few minute later, she comes back returning my money saying, "you made a mistake, tip is 15%". If the food weren't so good, I would never go back because of her.

1  Thank CityRev
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Having traveled to South Korea an several occasions, I have developed a love-hate relationship with Korean food. The problem is, I'm so unfamiliar with this unique cuisine that I have to go with somebody familiar in order to find something I like.

That was the case on this evening where I was joined by 12 colleagues at Bi Bim Bap. We were the only non-Asians in the restaurant and the food was outstanding. They started with sushi of various kinds as an appetizer. The rice was perfectly seasoned and there were various unique rolls that I couldn't name here. First course: Excellent.

This was followed by Wagyu beef to be barbequed on the open flames situated up and down the table. I've done Korean Barbeque before but have never been impressed. Different story here. The meats (there were several) were marinated in various preparations and all were delicious. There was an assortment of dipping sauces as well. Each plate of meat came with an assortment of vegetables and tons of garlic to be heated on the hot grill. after every course they brought in a fresh grill top.

One of the best items that night was the Kim Chi. Kim Chi is a dish that one needs to develop a taste for. For those who don't know it, Kim Chi is fermented cabbage (or other vegetables like cucumber) in garlic and chili paste. It's spicy hot and is pungent with garlic. The first time I tried Kim Chi I gagged. But now I consider this Korean specialty to be something to look forward to. And at Bi Bim Bap, their Kim Chi is excellent.

Service was attentive and with a smile. There was plenty of Asian (and other ) beers to keep us lubricated. It was a perfect place to take our group and was different than the run of the mill restaurant in Detroit.

And if all the Koreas eat here (Hyundai's HATCI engineering center isn't too far away), it must be authentic. Or just plain good.