All reviews under new ownership hard boiled eggs pool table pool area desk clerk continental breakfast nice stay stayed here waffles hot tub thirsty whale carbs reopened spa highway property tv
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice looking, well appointed property with a beautiful lodge-decor lobby for a very reasonable rate. Not well signed so may be hard to find just west of this clean little town on north side of highway, across from the Thirsty Whale Pub. They wanted to upgrade me to a suite upstairs, but I preferred downstairs, so the desk clerk had to make up a room. Nice folks. They would do well to add a little more to their continental breakfast, like some proteins (hard-boiled eggs) besides all carbs, is my only recommendation.

Room tip: downstairs because no elevator
Date of stay: September 2019
Norway A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Norway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. I was very happy to help you the night you stayed. I will make some recommendations to the owners about some changes for the breakfast bar. hope to see you again. Jennifer, Assistant manager

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I'm sorry to have to leave a negative review for this hotel. The staff at the front desk was friendly and the room was mostly clean, with the exception of the mildew on the walls and ceiling in the shower, which was pretty gross. The main problem with this hotel is that apparently it's questionable whether your room will get cleaned and the manager doesn't seem to care about the situation or about customer service. We stayed for 2 nights and never received maid service. When I questioned why at the front desk, she said that the maid had noted that we had our Do Not Disturb sign out, but we only put that out for 10 minutes at 8:30 am when we went down to check out their breakfast. We were out of the room for the remainder of the morning and early afternoon and the sign had been removed. The front desk staff said she couldn't make any accommodations because the manager was not there, so I left a message for the manager. I stopped by the front desk again before we left, but no response. I called and left 3 messages for the manager over the course of weeks after our vacation, and never got a response. The front desk staff indicated that wasn't surprising from this manager. That's just terrible customer service! She needs to be replaced by one of the ladies at the front desk. Also, the breakfast is the worst we've ever had at a hotel. The cereal was stale and the hard boiled eggs were so overcooked that the yolks were green. We ended up eating out for breakfast both days.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank gobluegirl93
Norway A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Norway, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

I'm sorry your stay was not what you expected. What you saw on the walls was not mildew it was paint that has rubbed off. Housekeeping did say your privacy sign was up and they did not go back to check your room again. I'm sorry that happened. When the do not disturb sign is out it usually is for the day. The manager stated they did check the messages and did no get a message about a room not serviced. Accept our apologies for your stay. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience. Thank you for your review and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Remodeled, nice.... but, skimped on a couple of things. TV’s are new but my computer screen at home is larger - these are 32’s. No charging stations in the room. All outlets are used for lamps, clock radio, TV; a seemingly minor issue unless you have devices in need of a charge.
Staff was great, less than average breakfast, WIFI connection very good, room condition very good, reasonable price.
I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Norway A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Norway, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Thank you for staying with us. we are in the process of updating our hotel. Sorry it did not meet your expections. Look forward to you visiting us again,

Reviewed May 7, 2019

This newly remodeled motel was clean, comfortable, and not expensive! The beds were great and even had fluffy pillows. Staff was very friendly and accommodating (even when dealing with some 'new software' glitches!). We did not use the pool area, but it looked well kept. Loved the lobby atmosphere. Minimal breakfast tho, with lots of carbs! Only saw 1 banana! Would stay there again (McDonalds is right down the road!).

Room tip: Room on second floor away from the pool, was very quiet
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Beautiful lobby, nice staff, good rooms, relaxing pool area. Very good continental breakfast. Low rates! Great stay! We will be back, hopefully in the winter to watch the snow fall while sitting in the hot tub after skiing.

Date of stay: August 2018