One of the best Hampton Inn's I have stayed in. Great customer service, great breakfast, and 2 of the 5 days I stayed there they had free beer, cookies, Sloppy Joes, and chili! Room wasn't large but was adequate and clean. Same with the bathroom. Nicely decorated as well. Internet worked great and the work desk was nice with plugs conveniently located on the desk. Awesome location with tons of restaurants, shopping (Target, Kohl's, Home Depot, etc...), grocery stores, and convenience stores and the surrounding area was very nice (unlike Detroit). I was very surprised at how nice it was based on the horror stories about Detroit you hear on the news. Once you get out of Detroit proper things change for the better.
Four places I discovered that you may want to check out if you are an outdoorsy person.
1. Drive down the road that goes through Hines Park. The north end of the drive is maybe 10 minutes from the hotel. Gorgeous scenery.
2. Kensington Metropark. Beautiful park with a large lake, hiking trails, paddle boats, and a working farm that you can tour for free and see all the animals. Probably a 20 minute Drive.
3. Nichols Arboretum on the University of Michigan campus. Hiking trails with hills and beautiful foliage located on the banks of the Huron River. Probably a 30 minute drive from the hotel.
4. Heritage Park. Not as big as the previous 3 parks, but a short drive from the hotel and again, amazing scenery. Kids can play in the above ground water park (no need to swim here) and there are quite a few trails, one of which crosses a small river over a wood bridge. Plenty of deer walking around and I believe it has a visitors center geared towards kids. Once you get in it, you would never know you were in a big city.
Downtown Plymouth is a great place to walk around with plenty of restaurants and shops. If you like sports, check out the Ironwood Grill. Great pizza!. Downtown Plymouth is also close by Hines Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn-Detroit/Northville has 124 deluxe guest rooms and is conveniently located on the southeast corner of Haggerty Rd. At 8 Mile. Within minutes of Novi, Livonia and Farmington Hills and only 7 miles from Suburban Collection Showplace. Downtown Detroit with 3 major casinos, Comerica Park, Ford Field and Joe Louis Arena is only 30 minutes via expressway. Shopping is within 5 miles of 2 major malls. Over 25 restaurants within a 3 mile radius, with choices from casual to fine dining. All rates include FREE breakfast, FREE wireless high-speed Internet, FREE local phone calls, FREE parking, FREE guest social on Tuesday and Wednesday from 5pm-7pm with food and refreshments and beautiful outdoor pool (opened seasonally). HHonors Rewards Program available. ADA compliant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn Detroit Northville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Detroit Northville Hotel Northville
- Hampton Inn Northville
- Northville Hampton Inn