“Good Value, Clean and Quiet”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Northville
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I go to an annual convention held at the Sheraton across the street. In past years I stayed at the Sheraton, but this year they were sold out, so I booked a room at this hotel across the street. I was very happy that I did. It was cheaper than the Sheraton but the room was just as nice: large, clean, quiet, and well-appointed. The refrigerator is a nice convenience, and there is free wi-fi that, at least for me, had a good signal. The in-room coffee actually gets stocked daily, which I find is not always the case at other hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a Meijer (large grocery/department store/pharmacy) very close by and I was able to get there easily to replace some items I forgot.

The room looks new, and was very clean. The bed was firm and comfortable, and was decked with lots of pillows and comfortable covers.

I recommend this hotel for those looking for a comfortable place to stay in the Novi/Northville area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
HIExpressNorthville, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Do come back and stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I made my reservation online for this hotel and two days before my trip I received an email with lower rates available for this hotel. Called the number listed and got the better rate. Check in went very smoothly, very professional receptionist, clean lobby, water and cookies were available. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was great, pillow case edges were embroidered with choice of "firm or soft" pillows on the bed. Bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was good and breakfast room was well maintained. Hotel in great location near restaurants, shopping and easy on and off expressway. Check out was speedy. The receptionist even printed my boarding pass for me If you are a Priority member you don't have to check out until 2:00. This was big plus for me for this trip. Very nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel room was very clean. The breakfast had a very good selection of foods. The only complaints are the pool area was dirty, no towels, pool needed to be cleaned. Went down to the front desk and needed some more towels for the room, she made me go back to the room and bring down the dirty towels. Never had that happen Ever in any hotel I have stayed at and was very offended. (2 adults and 2 kids only 3 towels in the room) The Hotel is in a good location.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is more less noice
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I was charged a $200 fee for smoking in my room when I DON'T SMOKE! I talked to 2 ladies that worked at the hotel. The first lady said ashes where found in the bathroom and they had no pictures. 3 hours later I spoke to the manager and she magically had pictures and the ashes where in the window seal. I know I don't smoke but they don't know where the ashes where at. I have filled a complaint and tried to send emails to the CEO but I am getting no responses back. I feel this hotel is trying to charge for issues that I know didn't occur. The manager was not willing to work with me on this at all, she just said I was charged and there wasn't anything else she could do. I stay in hotels about 2 or 3 days every week and this was the most dissappointed I have ever been with a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ronniecox41

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Bad experience with another Holiday Inn in the area so we ended up at this one.Wish we would have went to this one first.
Super friendly and helpul staff.It was NYE and we had two kids who we were bringing to go swimming so they kindly put us in a corner room away from other guest so that chatty pre-teens wouldnt bother anyone else.They also gave us a larger size room so the girls had room to play.

Hotel hallways,breakfast area and our room was very clean.Housekeeping was right on top of things.Weither it be more towels in the room or pool area.

Breakfast was OK.The woman in charge of the breakfast was not very good at keeping things stocked and it was not busy at all.
But the hotel itself and all the other staff was great.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NMJr

Reviewed February 16, 2010

The room was $80, but ended up being $94 with taxes and other charges. Now they are trying to charge another $50 on our debit card. Please watch out for this place!!! The breakfast food was bad too. No scrambled eggs, just and egg type thing folded in half with cheese melted in the middle and it was cold and hard. I would have never guessed I was in Northville!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamtam708
HIExpressNorthville, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Reviewed October 26, 2009

My sister and I decided to stay at this hotel based upon the convenient location for our trip. We were going to spend a day in Ann Arbor for the football game and a few days running around the Detroit area. We liked the prices we were quoted and the room amenities such as refrigerator and queen size beds. We were a little skeptical, since we weren't sure exactly where this was going to be, as to why it seemed to be a much lower rate than the other area hotels that we were considering. What a pleasant stay! The rooms were large, updated and very clean. The bathrooms have been modernized, and were very spacious. We loved all the pillows and the words "firm" and "soft" that were embroidered on the cases. The breakfast was wonderful, too! This is definitely the first place we will be calling to stay when ever we are in the area. We have paid twice as much at fancier hotels in Detroit, and elsewhere, in the past and have not gotten near the enjoyment! Please keep your rates where they are and keep doing what you are doing! We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank MichiganFan82

Christian M

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northville
Hampton Inn Detroit Northville
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Hospitality Hotel
Hospitality Hotel
#3 of 15 in Livonia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!