“What a joke”

Custard Time
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Northville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Three strikes and you're out. Tried this place 3 times and each time a disappointment. I will give a restaurant or service business a second try, just in case it's an off day. Tried this place 3 times and I will drive the short distance to Dairy Queen. Let me tell you about our last visit. My husband ran up there to get 3 medium size vanilla cones in a cup. This way he was able to bring them home for the kids. Excited kids eagerly awaited his arrival with their ice cream. 3 cups that were supposed to be the same size (medium) and each one was a different size. I questioned if they were medium. He said "I know, I asked the girl because I thought they were too small and she said they're medium." Well, I have a kitchen scale and set each one on the scale - 4 ounces, 5 ounces, 6 ounces. Total cost was over $7. They were smaller than size small at Dairy Queen and a lot more expensive. As for atmosphere, if you have young kids there is no place to enjoy your ice cream other than the parking lot with cars whipping in and out to pick up pizza or beer from the party store. They do have a couple of outside benches on the sidewalk but you can reach out and touch the front of parked cars. Looks like the parking lot is the hang out for local high school kids. Sorry, Custard Time, 3 strikes out you're out.

2  Thank Travelinklan