“Delicious food, wonderful atmosphere”

Garage Grill & Fuel Bar
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Northville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Garage... is a dining experience on Main Street at the corner of Wing Street in historic downtown Northville, Michigan. The menu is as classic as the circa 1940 service station that is home to Garage.Respectful of the past and stylish by today's trends, the restaurant, the bar and outdoor cafe are visually exciting with great views of the town. A separate "To Go" counter has been created for easy access.An important feature of Garage is the Banquet Room, an 80 seat private room which has a view of an impeccably restored 1930 Ford Model A car that creates part of the overall banquet experience.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Their firecracker shrimp is incredible, and so is the whitefish entree. The mural on the wall is inspired, and the staff is friendly and efficient. I absolutely love this place.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Interesting decor. Food quite good. Good drink selection. Service eh - staff not very attentive and felt very rushed - it was a Friday (I get the turnover thing) but it felt like their main concern was to herd you thru and get you out.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have attempted to eat at the Garage on several occassions, but did not feel like waiting an hour or more at night. This time we got there at 5:30 on a Friday night with no problem and it looked like groups of 4 could get seated without a wait until about 6. The hostess was very friendly and professional, water and bread served within a minute or so of being seated and our waitress was very attentive and professional. The onion appetizer was amazing and outstanding. The V8 Salad with Shrimp for $20 was a big disappoint as it had about 50 cents worth or greens you could buy in a bag at the grocery store, but the shrimp were good size. The potato encrusted white fish was excellent, but it was served just tepid and I like my food served piping hot. We shared the chocolate brownie dessert and it was decadent and very reasonably priced. The Garage is a great addition to downtown Northviille and we look forward to going back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I went to the Garage a couple of weeks ago for a Saturday afternoon lunch. The server seemed to be hung over and was not trying to fake her way through the day. She was friendly enough. My wife liked her fish tacos. I ordered a hamburger without onions and with cheddar cheese. It arrived with the onions (which I can't eat) so I sent it back. They scraped everything off, including the mushrooms, put some American cheese-food on it and brought it back. I was hungry and tired of waiting, so I ate it. The burger meat and bun were quite good. We then went to the bar for another beer and glass of wine. The barkeep served my Fat Tire in a Belgian glass. I asked why, and she replied that it was a Belgian glass. I didn't want to argue the point (it is an amber ale, produced by the New Belgian Brewing Co.) so I drank my smaller-than-it-should-be ale. Overall, not a bad place, but it could be much better.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Garage three times and each time it has gotten better.   The salmon is incredible - love how tasty it is while being healthy and not drenched in sauce.   The red snapper was delicious and I liked how there were gluten free sides such as quinoa.  The fish tacos were made with mahi mahi and I would get the again but would prefer a little more sauce or spice for my taste.  The shrimp appetizer is worth the $11... there were about 12 large shrimp so healthy portion and they were in a spicy sauce and sautéed versus fried.

I also like variety of the menu.  If one person wants a nice entree in the $25 range, the other person can get something less extravagant in the $15 range.  Would go here again gladly!