“Wonderful experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had a wonderful experience and the food was amazing. We ordered the lemon chicken the veal shank. I definitely recommend the veal shank. I can assure you that i will be going back real soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Everything is ala carte here. The way they ask you about soup or salad makes you think it included. My wife had the salad and it was ok. The dipping oil for bread has vinegar in it. Maybe a difference between northern and southern Italy, but I prefer without. Meals were a little small and average in taste.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times. The food has ALWAYS been great! Everything is made from scratch. Their soups, sauces, dressings....it's all great. Their menu has lots of options with reliably large portions. Given that all dinners include salad, bread and pasta (if it's a meat, poultry or fish dish) their prices are very fair.

It's their customer service that keeps this place from obtaining and excellent rating in my book. It's inconsistent. Some servers are very good, and don't seem to last while their most seasoned staff tend to have a nasty uninviting attitude.

Several years ago I lived in the apartment building directly above where this restaurant is located. As a gift from someone I knew, they gave me many restaurant.com certificates (which never expire) to use at this restaurant. The one time I tried to use a certificate directly from my phone they refused to honor it, despite the website stating they would. Other times they accepted it but the process of verifying it made me feel as if I was attempting to pass a counterfit bill. This is all for a $10 off deal!

If you hit it right and get an excellent server, your experience will be terrific. With so many other restaurants in the area and the limited time we all have, I would say that you will probaby do better going elsewhere. No matter how good their food is, being treated poorly ruins your entire meal.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Dinner Aug 4, 2012, my wife & myself. Extensive menu & wine list. Excellent service. Great presentation and not skimpy on servings...a lot of food per serving. Downtown Northville, MI & easy parking. Recommend Tirama Su.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were so glad to find this lovely Italian restaurant in Northville. Not only was the food amazing and home made Italian, our server, Nancy, was wonderful and attentive. This was the best food and service we had during our Michigan visit. We started with the mushroom appetizer, stuffed with crab. Fabulous! Our ceasar salads were delicious, very large and full of goodness. For the main course, I ordered "Nancy's favorite dish" the Chicken Cremosa which was absolutely divine. It was lightly breaded served with the most wonderful cream and lemon sauce with homemade pasta on the side. Wow!!! My husband had the Penne Marimonte which had marina sauce with sausage and peppers. He loved it. If you want real Italian cooking and excellent service, this is the place for you!!! We cannot wait to come back!