“Pulled pork is awesome”

The Garage Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Northport
Cuisines: American
Description: It's new this summer. Owner used to own The Eat Spot in the same city. They are on Facebook.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The pulled pork is awesome as well as the coleslaw. We loved it! I tried some of the chicken salad too and it was very good as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been to the Garage several times in my visits to Northport. I highly recommend the pesto pasta and the veggie burger. The house chardonnay is Australian, but they have a fair selection of local wines as well as a full bar with some artisan beers, too. The prices are on par with tourist prices -- a little high, but not outrageous like in Suttons Bay. Weather permitting, the giant garage doors are opened and it gives you a nice, resort feel -- albeit a very simple "garage resort". On occasion they have bands playing outside, which is really fun. My only gripe is that you can't get so much as a chip after 10 pm -- even on a Friday night -- which is exactly what happened to us last year. We came up from downstate, unloaded our gear and headed out for a drink and a bite to eat. The place was hopping, but we had to go down to the casino. Couldn't even get some chips and salsa -- not even a crust of bread. They were open until 2am, but when the kitchen closes it closes. No exceptions. Not even for a party of 4 who are willing to tip very, very well. They may have changed this since last year, and it won't stop me from going there again. It was just annoying.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visit the Garage several times a summer while we are docked in the Marina. We have never had a bad meal. While the pulled pork sandwich is great, my favorite is the Tandoori chicken salad. It is a meal sized salad that has romaine lettuce, chicken, raisins, cashews and a yogurt curry dressing that is the best thing about this salad. It has plain yogurt, honey, chutney and just enough curry. I order this almost everytime we go there. The ribs are also good as are the burger, blt and chicken fingers. You won't be disappointed here.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stopped here for lunch one day on a visit to Northport. Great menu and atmosphere. Me and my husband both tried the Pork Sandwich. I got the small portion and my husband the large. Very tasty!
Enjoyed!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We took our extended family -- two sets of kids and spouses, plus a grandchild -- here on a recent trip to the Leelanau Peninsula, and we were very pleased with the food and service. The Garage is located in a fun, funky little building with varnished plywood walls and a genuine garage door opening out onto a patio with extra seating available. (Dogs welcome here, if you travel with your pooch.) We shared lots of menu items around our table; the pulled pork, barbecued chicken and house-special local whitefish (delicious, buttery broiled whitefish on a bed of bacon and Brussels sprouts) were all outstanding. I also really enjoyed the sauteed whole green beans that came with my barbecued chicken; it's not often that I can recommend vegetables in bar dishes, but these were cooked just right. The barbecued items are house-smoked out back -- they also smoke turkey -- good stuff. The only less-than-excellent thing about The Garage is the relative lack of regional beers; it would be nice to enjoy some of those with our meals. Altogether, a great experience, and our family all loved it.