“Special Sauce”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went to the Happy Hour twice during my last visit to Leelanau County. First time around I enjoyed the famous chicken dinners... the second time I had a burger... with the fries they gave me the "special sauce" to dip them in (per my friends recommendation) - the sauce is amazing!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Two couples - very busy during summer, but worth the wait. The chicken was excellent, as were other selections. Hopping place!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a trip to visit family and the old days so I had the fried clams, with a little lemon juice, to remind my of my days as a grade-schooler with HoJo's fried clams. These were meaty and juicy and crisp and I ate all of them with some non-southern (they use sugar) coleslaw and a few fries. Yummy. A biker club came in and most were US Marines and we respect them as such, as bikers and diners knowing where to eat. Not necessarily in that order. It was a great lunch. Please don't take this the wrong way but if I lived there and didn't visit for a weekend, this would be my weekend lunch place, what I lovingly call a "dive bar." It was great! And the atmosphere is captains' chairs and a pool table in the middle. What better atmosphere can there be?

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Lived up to the hype! Super waitress told us the specialties and we settled on the broasted chicken & whitefish. Super! With clam appetizer and side dishes, just too full to finish or have dessert. We'll be back when we're in town.

2  Thank Christina J
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A local resident recommended Fischer's Happy Hour for great food and we had a fine time. This restaurant looks like, and is, a locals' eatery. It is located on M-22 between Leland and Northport. We had a really good lunch - even the picky kids loved their food, which was kindly served quickly. The turkey Rueben was wonderful - especially the toasty, flavorful bread. They are known for their hamburgers, and the condiments come with a stack of sliced onion. We ended up too full for dessert - even for the tempting peppermint ice cream with Sander's hot fudge.

There is a nice deck, the inside is fine, if cozy.

You'll have a good time and meal when you go.