“Good spot for a Notre Dame football game”

Quality Inn & Suites Niles
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Niles
Fishers, Indiana
“Good spot for a Notre Dame football game”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent a night at the Comfort Inn the night prior to a Notre Dame football game. The trip was a last minute decision and the Comfort Inn had availability at a very good price for the weekend.

We checked in late Friday night. Quick and easy check-in. Parking lot was somewhat cramped, but had sufficient spaces. Friendly and efficient front desk staff.

We had a two queen suite (room 209). Room also had a couch, table, refrigerator, microwave and a ceiling fan in the “living room”.

The room served its purpose. We had a good night sleep. Room was clean. Good hot water pressure in the shower. HVAC unit was loud, but provided white noise.

A quick, short drive down to campus early on Saturday morning. Much more convenient than Elkhart or Goshen, our other typical hotel locations for football weekends.

This hotel is now in my rotation when I look for a room. As always, price will be a consideration, but I would not hesitate to stay here again for a game.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I could hardly believe the rate I received for this room by using my AAA card. We have stayed here before, but never at this rate. The room was spacious and clean. It was probably a little larger than most because it was for handicapped guests, though we did not realize at the time of booking that was the case. The bed was comfortable, and we both enjoyed a great night's sleep. All of the hotel employees that we encountered were friendly and helpful. It had an indoor pool which appeared clean, standard breakfast and other amenities as described on the website. A terrific value for a really decent room.

Room Tip: I did not have any kids with me to evaluate the kids activities, so I assumed it should receive a ra...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament for two weekend nights. They made a mistake in my room reservation, but upgraded me to a suite for the same price, so that was nice. Hotel/rooms showing age (e.g., on third floor different than carpet on 1st & 2nd floors), but found bed to be comfortable (pillows overstuffed, so bring your own if you dont like that). Had all the usual "amenities", yet all very basic: small breakfast room with 1st morning sausage gravy being the only warm protein, second was better with eggs and sausage. Exercise room has only one bike, one treadmill & one elliptical, and elliptical had a slightly loose arm & (I felt) uncomfortable foot motion. Pool was small, and could have been warmer (according to my son) and no hot tub or sauna. walls a bit thin, so hard not to disturb others/no real area to gather as a group, however large Pizza Hut in same parking lot (and few fast food restaurants within walking distance). easy drive to Notre Dame, so may be worth the savings, assuming closer hotels more expensive (however, not a home football game weekend, so not sure how much worse traffic would be on event weekends).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was very clean with nice finishes. The beds were quite comfortable and there were many choices for the continental breakfast. The best price was the price! I will definitely be staying here again when passing through the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Centerville
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked the King suite and arrived after a five hour drive. The room I was given had not been cleaned. There was hair around and in the bathroom sink, there was residual soap scum in the bathroom sink and tub, the toilet had some sort of brown stain on it, the carpet had not been vacuumed and there was trash in and around the trash can left by the previous guest. Additionally, there was dust and crumbs in and on top of the microwave and refrigerator.

I called the front desk and was told to wait while she came to inspect for herself. After finding all the above to be true, I was told that the manager would have to be called to give a solution. The solution was to move me to the room next door. The new room was cleaner, with the exception of the blood stained comforter that was immediately tossed on the floor. Knowing that the former existed and this was a big difference I decided to let it be and sanitize the room myself.

I went to work the next day and returned to a half cleaned room. This time my own hair left on the sink and residual soap scum in the sink and tub. All of the towels were taken away with the exception of a used face towel and no clean towels were left. I walked to the front desk to discuss the above and was given towels and an offer to empty my trash. I in turn asked to speak with a manager as my understanding and patience was wearing thin. I was informed that she (Joan) would be in the following day and was aware of my complaints.

The next day there was no Joan and no follow up from Joan regarding the service I'd received. Hence, I decided to take the same approach as Joan and did not bother to recommend this hotel to my colleagues who will be following me.

Maybe they feel as though good customer service is not necessary as this is a small town without very many options. In other words, take it or leave it. My advice to my colleagues, drive to St. Joseph where there are more options and customer service is still part of the culture.

Room Tip: The free breakfast buffet was tired and it appeared as though the food was left over from the day be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WhatzNxt

Travelers are raving about these Niles hotels

nh
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed 3 nights while visiting family in town. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard for Comfort Inn and well stocked. We had a great stay and would highly recommend. Great price too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

In general I would of rather stayed at my normal choice the Hoilday in wich would of only cost me an extra 10$ but they were sold out ( I wounder why ) really spend a little money In your hotel instead of the pocket of the owner and keep the trash picked up its been over flowing all week come on

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niles
Holiday Inn Express Niles
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Niles? Share your experiences!