“Stay Away! Empty restaurant and pathetic experience!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Buchanan, Michigan
“Stay Away! Empty restaurant and pathetic experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had eaten here many times in the past, but will not be back after this visit. There was only one other couple at the restaurant and they didn't have 1/2 the menue available including hamburgers and there is a grocery store one block away! The service was dismall at best. We ordered one of the few things available and it came out stone cold! It wasn't even room temp, but downright cold! This was such a bad experience we won't be back. Stay away, stay far away!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank msljsl

South Bend, Indiana, United States
“family night...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

my husband, son, and i went to riverfront cafe before we headed to the park for family night. we are from south bend and our son likes the skate park for his scooter, so we thought why not just enjoy a whole night by the water and maybe take in a movie later. i am in the restaurant business myself and id have to say the place needs alot of help. my husband told me in the mens room the soap dispenser was duct taped to the wall, brick steps are broke going outside, no one was in the restaurant when we got there and our outside table we were seated at needed wiped off. when the food came my son wouldnt eat his mac-n-cheese or applesauce he said both tasted bad and those two things seem to be pretty hard to mess up...i tasted both and the applesauce tasted old and the mac-n-cheese was cheap cheese sauce poured on pasta...i was shocked to have anyone serve the rosemary fries the way they did...we found one sprig of rosemary in the entire bowl of fries they just tasted like regular fries but since there was one piece of rosemary they can call them rosemary fries and the coleslaw i got with my fried shrimp tasted like it was dumped out of a big jar of mayo with no seasoning...maybe they have something good on the menu that keeps them open but we haven't found it...this unfortunately was our second time...we waited a year to go back because last year when we went for a date night and sat outside our serivce and food experience was poor then too...it is sad because the location with the water and theatre close by is great and the outside patio has alot of potential...hopefully my rant has helped somone !!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Rachael K
Bangor ME
“Needs to get its act together”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived for dinner on at 7 PM on a slow Wednesday August evening, only to find that half of the entrees on the limited dinner menu were not available, leaving a choice of salads, burgers, and pizza.
The salad were very good, while the pizza was small for the price.
The service was a trifle slow but acceptable as we wanted to have a leisurely meal.

• Visited August 2013
Stevensville, Michigan
“Enjoyed the patio, again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I like the lunch I had at the Riverfront Cafe Friday. It was "just" a French Dip with fries, but the meat/cheese was delicious, the bun toasted nicely, and the sauce they drizzled over the sandwich a nice touch. I enjoyed every bite...and I had thought I woudn't be able to finish it!

I love the patio. I found out that they do bands there on Fridays and I hope to return to enjoy a late night there soon. They have brick on the patio, and although traffic goes by frequently and very closely, it's a nice place to relax and enjoy the ambiance. They carry a few craft brews on draft, and seem to have a large menu of wine and drinks...but as I had to return to work, I was unable to test any this time! :-) A friend loves the martinis there.

The prices are reasonable for the portion size. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant. I'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Poor service, lack of care, & overpriced for below average food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hosted an event there and everything was poor from having to set our own table arrangements to our guests not being served and the staff being rude and clearing tables and chairs before the end of the event.

• Visited May 2013