“Don't waste your money or jeapordize your health!”

and 1 more site!
Zellar's Village Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Newberry
Eben Junction
“Don't waste your money or jeapordize your health!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I don't even know where to start. We stayed in the old building, and let me tell you, it should be shut down! The floors in the hallway are rotting, to the point you never knew if you were going to fall through or not. The whole buiding reaked of cigarette smoke. Our room, as well as some others we seen, contained black mold. The were several holes in the walls, a huge crack in the window, and the toilet was on a slant due to the rotting floor. Unfortunately, every place in town was booked so we were stuck there. Now I know why they were the only place with vacancies! We were at least excited that they had a pool and hot tob. Well, not so much. Me and my 3 kids ended up with chemical burns from the hot tub/pool! Tried talking to management about everything, with no luck. If the health department walked in there, they would be shut down in a heartbeat. I honestly have never seen anything so disgusting! Like I said, we were in the "old part", but from what I heard from others, the new buiding was pretty darn bad as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Christina L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Munising, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me put it this way, my 8 yr old said she never wants to go back there! The rooms are dirty, the pool is ok, but the hot tub looks like people urinated in it. The old part of the building connected to the restaurant smells of cigarette smoke and I am not sure what else but it made me gag as I walked to the restaurant. The doors in the old building have large gaps. The newer part needs either new carpet or the carpet cleaned. The walls need to be patched and painted and the beds need to be replaced. The front desk people were nice as long as you could find them.

Room Tip: Go to another place.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Melanie_N23
Madison Heights, Michigan
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to the lounge after a good long days worth of riding. Went to use the bathroom only to find the floor flooded and turd right in the middle of the floor.!!! NO JOKE.!!!!! This was after I had dinner there. Stayed for a few drinks and 2 hours later, it was still there!!!!!!! Where's the health department when you need them!!!!!!

Just wonder how they maintain the rest of the place and the food area!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank R W
Racine, WI
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least three weekends per year for four years running. I stayed at several others around town and now stay here exclusively. I always enjoy the hospitality and appreciate the reasonable rates. There aren't many options of this caliber in Newberry...only two others that I can think of. One is always terribly overpriced and the other is inconveniently located and often closed when I come up in mid-May. Zellar's has a good mix of cost vs convenience vs comfort.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first. Each has different amenities such as refrigerator or microwave or furni...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jffc
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is not what we expected for the price. The room was dingy and old. The toilet seat looked like it had been around forever....it was stained and discolored. The lighting was very dim....probably so you couldn't see how dirty it truly was. There were several smashed bugs on the walls. We were very disappointed with the whole situation. I guess this would be okay for hunters or fishermen, but we like a very clean room and it was not up to our standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank h p
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed one night at Zellar's. It was a comfortable and clean motel. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and had no complaints. This motel is acceptable if you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay and aren't looking for any frills.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Goodtwo
Townville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Nice folks, good food and service. Ate at the restaurant. Did not stay in the motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberry
Americas Best Value Inn - Tahquamenon Country
Adoba Hotel Naubinway
Adoba Hotel Naubinway
#1 of 2 in Naubinway
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Newberry

Been to Zellar's Village Inn? Share your experiences!