“Great food and Great Service”

Zellar's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 17 Restaurants in Newberry
Reviewed September 9, 2013

They had great breakfast. I had an omelet and it filled my plate. We also had dinner there and they have a great chicken buffet. It had 3 or 4 types of chicken with all the trimmings. A-mazing.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped here on our way from Tahquamenon to Munising based on Trip Advisor and a local person's review. Well, being from MI and knowing small local restaurants should do local fare best my husband and I both ordered the fried whitefish while our kids had mac and cheese with a hot dog, and none of it was good. Actually the whitefish was barely edible. The whitefish was fried so long there was little to no filet left and the mac and cheese (box) appeared as if it had been cooked earlier in the day then zapped in the microwave just before serving. Our server was very friendly, we noted the bathrooms were clean, but none of these side items would bring us back.

3  Thank justa_gal1969
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were brought the wrong food, and drinks didn't come till after the food, they were so rude and only one other table between two waitresses.....will NOT ever go here again!!! And what food we had was no good.

4  Thank JAMES H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Poor service, poor food. The place was deserted on a busy travel day. Now I know why. The bathrooms were dirty and smelly.

3  Thank spartantim83
Reviewed July 11, 2013

On our way out of Newberry, we stopped for breakfast at Zellar's. Our waitress was pleasant, friendly and she kept our coffee cup full. This is a great plus for me. My wife had pan cakes and I had the the big size special, Both meals were very good. Our next time in Newberry. we'll be stopping for more than one meal.