“Great experience”
Review of RiverSide Resort

RiverSide Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newaygo
RiverSide Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newaygo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family and I have stayed at virtually every possible lodging in the Croton Dam area for the past 30 or so years and for the past 16 ( or since Candy took over management) we have only stayed at the Riverside Resort. We have seen a lot of changes over the years and all have been good and you can tell over that time that it has been a work in progress and a life's dedication for the owner. It isn't fancy but it has everything you need. Everything about the place is friendly and warm. As fishermen we are grateful that the owner has always made sure there was a fish cleaning station for guests to use which is uncommon and very welcomed. We look forward to going back next year and for many years to come. Riverside is close to some of the best fishing spots on the Muskegon. There are quality restaurants nearby, tackle shops and a 10 min drive into Newago. As with the whole region cell phone reception is spotty at best and often unreliable, but the only way to change that are repeated requests from the carriers. There is service in random locations at the resort but you may not find it at your convenience and you would be hard pressed to find it anywhere else consistently as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TXgiasone
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went here after fishing because we had looked at the website to see the rooms are $55. No, those rooms were not available. No problem, how much...$85...Cash Money Only, No Receipt, No sales tax. When we got in the room I wanted to turn the TV on to watch the tigers....No TV, they are shut off for winter I was told. No Radio either... My buddy said, just use your cell phone to look up the scores. No Service....Nothing. I looked for a distant wireless router and yes I found one that I could connect to for $14.95 for one week...OMG, I set the phone down and thought I would take a hot shower but I quickly noticed that there were no towels. Cold from fishing I than turned the heater up...the thermostat would not go above 70 degrees!!!

No $55 dollar rooms left
No TV
No Radio
No Towels
No Heat...Above 70 degrees
No WiFi
No Cell Service
No I will not stay here again...

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Bulldog A
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed at a cabin/motel in Croton. I almost hate to class it as a motel because its so much more. No homey decorative touch was missing. It was furnished and comfy like going to Grandma's house. There were beautiful views and plenty to do. You dont even need to take your UNO cards or balls or pots and pans. I stayed in Ste 10 which was spacious and included a kitchen for a quote of $125.00 per nite cash for 3 of us. The cash thing threw me a bit because after 30 years flying for a living and traveling for pleasure I've never been asked to pay cash. (credit card down to hold the room prior to arrival) When I sat down to pay there was $10.00 added for tax. I just wish she would have told me that over the phone. It was the only icky feeling I had. I would stay again. I must say that you wouldnt be able to find a speck of dust in this older establishment and that says a lot because its very decorated and supplied. You will need to bring towels for both swimming, dish clothes and showering. That was not a problem at all as proprietress Candy informed me ahead of time. She is sweet lady and a delight to talk to. Very pleasant. I chose to eat in Newaygo at the Sportsmans Club on the main road about 20 minutes away. My sons flame broiled was one of the best. I had the all you can eat Perch and one plate full was tooo much. Wisners in Newaygo does river tubing and raft tours. We ran out of time for this but looked fun.

• Stayed: July 2009
4  Thank Susan F

Been to RiverSide Resort? Share your experiences!