Review Highlights
So professional

The guides and other staff are very good at what they do. My seven and five year old grandkids rode... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
friesianette
Best place to visit

This was my husband and I's 2nd visit this year. We came in September and booked the 1.5 hour... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2018
mp4lyf333
Flint, Michigan

All reviews hour ride horseback riding wonderful staff well taken care a couple times long ride every summer baby horse whole family perfect family family run beautiful trails yearly tradition private ride experienced riders gentle horses sleigh ride
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

4th ride for my wife and myself. I have finally got my riding legs. We always have fun. We saw two 10 point bucks along the trail.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Rainbow Ranch has it all: easy/no fuss on-line booking, thorough/detailed driving instructions to the Ranch, including how to dress, what to bring, what to expect and friendly/helpful staff.
I worked with horses during my teen years and am comfortable with these large animals. My husband and daughter had never ridden-they were nervous and excited. The brief/straight forward instructions had them up in the saddle in good time (my daughter climbed up on her own and my husband easily seated from a platform putting him at the level of the horse's back). As our group got going, messages from our guide were passed back word of mouth and if anyone needed to stop or had a question it was quickly accommodated/addressed. The pace was easy/sedate through fields/woods, gentle slopes. My daughter had her go pro on and my husband took many photos (novices on horse back!!). There were even a few short bursts of trotting! WhooHoo!!!!!
At the end of our 1.5 hour journey my families smiles said it all and they definitely want to come back. Our guide was certainly deserving of the 20% gratuity we gave her and for our four footed "friends" we had quartered 4-5 apples for each (left them at the check-in window) and our guide kept our horses up front so we could hand feed them the apples. I was surprised that the horses at first did not know "what to do" with the apple quarters (they quickly learned to love them though) and our guide explained many of the horses had never before had an apple. Horses are sweet but sloppy eaters and Rainbow Ranch has bathrooms right out front were we could wash our hands before leaving. What a wonderful experience for a very reasonable cost - we loved every moment!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Good staff and lot of horses.

One hour horse back ride which begins with corn fields and woods both uphill and down hill.

My daughter 6 years got baby horse she enjoyed it.

My son 2 years old he sat along with me on horse and he had blast.

You can feed horse for 50 cents

Reviewed September 9, 2018

My seven year old granddaughter loved it, as did I. They made her feel welcome and comfortable. The trail was through scenic fields and trees, with a nice variety of terrain. We will be sure to return with her younger sister next year!

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I did the 1-hour trail ride, not having ridden for almost 40 years. Good value, great staff, paired with proper horses based on experience. Overall, a good and relaxing experience.

Date of experience: August 2018