“Best horseback riding”
Review of Rainbow Ranch

Rainbow Ranch
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in New Era
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went horseback riding in August at Rainbow ranch. I have ridden since childhood -- usually a couple of times per year -- in Montana, Canada, Costa Rica and VA. LOVE Rainbow ranch -- their guide was great and the horses were well cared for. From an East Coast perspective, the ride was very inexpensive for the quality -- $45 for a 90 minute ride which included fording a river and some trotting. The guide was great with our kids (ages 6 and 9). Definitely a great place -- can't recommend highly enough.

3  Thank Splitchanka

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Rainbow Ranch was a great choice for a trail ride. They own the 100+ acres on which they ride, and the land is GORGEOUS. The horses we rode were well behaved.
We paid a little extra to be a private group (just my sister, me, and a guide), rather than be put into a larger group. I think that was definitely worth the money.
The guide was very friendly and knowledgeable.
I also wanted an hour private lesson before the trail ride, which they were happy to accommodate. Unfortunately, the instructor didn't show up on time, so it was cut down to mini-lesson of about 20 minutes, which they did not charge me for. In the end, I was very happy with that. I do wish they had called my cell phone, even if I was on the way (if I had been running late, at the least the notice would have let me know I didn't need to rush). I wasn't interested in learning western saddle, and they were able to offer a bareback lesson, which I enjoyed (I've been riding english about 7 years). The trail rides were all in western saddle, which was comfortable.
We arrived first thing in the morning for the earliest trail ride, and I was happy with that timing. The farm was quieter then, with only the staff tacking up the horses, and a few barn cats around. By the time we returned a couple hours later, there was a crowd of people hanging around, going out on the trail or coming back. I enjoyed the serenity in the morning better. Even with the crowds, though, the place was organized and efficient.
The horses were very healthy. Our guide has been there for about 20 years, and has worked at other ranches too. She said Rainbow Ranch is the best place she's worked. I like riding at a place where the horses and people are treated well.

4  Thank Kristin R