“Super fun!”

Lewis Farm Market & Petting Farm
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in New Era
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a 700 acre farm in New Era, Michigan. Family owned and operated, with home grown produce, fruit orchards, market with gifts and goodies, and a bakery. Enjoy lots of activities for family fun from May through October each year ... And a petting farm with more than a dozen types of animals and birds!
Charlotte, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Super fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Best petting zoo I’ve even been too. The animals seemed happy and active, not over feed and suicidal like most petting zoos. There were so many animals to pet. My stepdaughter loved the goats, my husbanded loved Jeffery the Camel and I fell in love with a wallaby named Penelope. There were signs on some of the fences saying the animals may bite, but none of them did and seemed to take the food so gently out of our hands. They also had a bee hive station that was amazing. You could see all the bees working so hard. Several bees came out of it and seemed super friendly too. One ran into me and didn’t sting me.
They also had a ton of produce and homemade items. I got several yellow plums and they were amazing! I wish I would have bought more.
Great place to spend a few hours!

Visited August 2013

“Great time for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Loved the market, very nice. The pedal carts & jumpy pillows were a blast for even the big people. Nice petting farm with some unique animals! Will definitely be back!!!

Muskegon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Clean farm, friendly animals....best for younger kids and can get pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a nice little tourist trap type of farm. The animals are healthy, clean, and super friendly....the grounds were well kept. There were various activities for kids to do. We spend several hours there. However, to do all of the activities it gets pretty pricey. $2 a head gets you in there to pet the animals, but if you want to ride the pedal go carts, apple express, do the corn maze...everything costs from $3 to $5 extra. Cost the adults $10 to get in, do the corn maze, and take a tractor ride. We did buy the kids wristbands for $12, but the older kids lost interest pretty quickly. Younger kids had a blast. I'm not sure if this is something we'll do again or not. We had a good time, but spent a lot of money doing so. (About $60 for 3 kids and two adults, which didn't include any sort of food or extras we ended up buying) Certainly not the WORST I've been soaked at a tourist trap...probably par for the course.

Visited October 2012
Muskegon, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

they charge you for everything. I couldn't even walk in without having to pay 2 dollars. Will not be returning.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank re s
Whitehall, Michigan
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Out in the country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Fresh fruits and vegetables. A nice gift shop and bakery. Grandkids love coming here to visit the animals.

Visited September 2012