“Consistently Tasty”

Brewster's Italian Cafe
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Over the last 25 years, Brewster's Italian Cafe` has grown from a small bakery to a full-service Italian restaurant in the heart of Harbor Country. Located in downtown New Buffalo, Michigan, Brewster's offers seasonally-inspired items and locally sourced ingredients that change every meal, every day. Our chefs meticulously select only the highest quality ingredients that reflect the true nature of what it means to eat rustic Italian cuisine. Whether you're looking for a classic plate of spaghetti and meatballs or a handmade pizza from our wood fire oven, Brewster's Italian Cafe is more than just your average Italian restaurant. Along with our ever-changing menu, we also make most of our desserts right here at the restaurant, including our creme brûlée and tiramisu. We proudly serve local craft brews from the likes of Greenbush Brewery and Bell's Brewing along with our extensive craft cocktail list featuring the finest of liquor from Journeyman Distillery. Our outdoor patio is perfect for any occasion as we accommodate to your specific needs-whether it be a special event or just a night out with the girls, Brewster's has something for everyone. Our menu changes every day, our chefs are constantly creating new dishes and flavor combinations, but our tradition remains the same from day one: provide the highest-quality ingredients that reflect the beauty in the simplicity of Italian fare.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Brewster's is always a treat. The food has been consistently well above average for years. Service is good once you get a table, but they can get busy during the summer months and on weekends. It is worth the wait.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Good food, reasonable prices. Outdoor garden area very comfortable. Gluten free pizza and pasta offerings. Children's menu available.

1  Thank Christine66-11
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I went here during a weekend get away. I had the tortellini and was not disappointed. The only problem I had was, finishing it. The helping was more than generous. Our service was friendly, our food was great, and the feel of the restaurant was comfortable.

As my title says...get yourself some cookies. We were so stuffed, we bought some and took them with us for later...and they were still great.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My son and husband and I recently had a wonderful lunch at Brewster's We drive in from Illinois a couple of times of year and have never been disappointed. The service is always friendly and courteous, the outdoor seating is always a pleasant setting and the food is consistently excellent. My husband enjoyed the pasta and meatballs, my son loved his pizza and I loved my gazpacho and salad. Desserts are always delicious too. And the iced tea is refreshing on a warm day. I can't wait to go back for another meal!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

As with many places, I gave Brewster's several chances. But, I have always been disappointed.
The food is so marginal that I won't be going back.
There is no comparing it to The Bentwood Tavern, in the nearby Marina Grand, so that's that.