“Awesome!”

Brewster's Italian Cafe
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Over the last 25 years, Brewster's Italian Cafe` has grown from a small bakery to a full-service Italian restaurant in the heart of Harbor Country. Located in downtown New Buffalo, Michigan, Brewster's offers seasonally-inspired items and locally sourced ingredients that change every meal, every day. Our chefs meticulously select only the highest quality ingredients that reflect the true nature of what it means to eat rustic Italian cuisine. Whether you're looking for a classic plate of spaghetti and meatballs or a handmade pizza from our wood fire oven, Brewster's Italian Cafe is more than just your average Italian restaurant. Along with our ever-changing menu, we also make most of our desserts right here at the restaurant, including our creme brûlée and tiramisu. We proudly serve local craft brews from the likes of Greenbush Brewery and Bell's Brewing along with our extensive craft cocktail list featuring the finest of liquor from Journeyman Distillery. Our outdoor patio is perfect for any occasion as we accommodate to your specific needs-whether it be a special event or just a night out with the girls, Brewster's has something for everyone. Our menu changes every day, our chefs are constantly creating new dishes and flavor combinations, but our tradition remains the same from day one: provide the highest-quality ingredients that reflect the beauty in the simplicity of Italian fare.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place keeps improving every year. We just had such a delicious meal, with amazing pizza, think crust. Excellent pasta based entres with chicken and salmon.
Their gazpacho is amazing, and very fresh and delicious.
Their cookies are so-so good!
Really it is our favorite Italian place anywhere, not just New Buffalo!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We eat at Brewsters frequently - and have always had an excellent experience. Great food and wait staff. Although the wait itself can be long sometimes, it is well worth it.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant, dined outside in a very private patio area. Service was very good as was the food. Definitely a good choice.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family of four were there for lunch on July 27th. My husband and I had the individual pizzas with the house salad and shared the Italian Wedding soup. Our kids had the buttered noodles. The food was amazing! We will definately go back! The fresh parmesan was some of the best parmesan we had ever tasted. We are picky pizza eaters and could not get enough of the sauce on the pizza. It was perfect. We both had the roasted red peppers and I added the gorgonzala on mine. Fabulous!
Our waiter was pleasant and efficient. This is my only complaint.....we sat in the front room past the kitchen and it was too loud. Now normally sound doesnt ever bother me. We have two boys so blending in with the atmosphere is best for us. But seriously, we both felt dizzy and had a headache while we were waiting for the food. The sound echos in that corner coupled with a horrible speaker that was on the top beam which kept reverberating the nice music all around us so we had to get up and walk around. Normally I might given this 4 stars for the whole experience but the food made up for it! We all loved our meals and when we return, we will happily sit outside on the lovely patio!

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The food here is excellent. The outdoor patio has a beautiful ambience. Almost feels like Italy. Our server was excellent. The chicken and asparagus soup was one of my favorites I've ever had. The dressing on the salad as usual was so good I got some to go. My husband had the steak and blue cheese sandwich and I had the chicken pasta for the day with creamy peppercorn Parmesan sauce-Both were excellent! We had fabulous drinks and even got three desserts to go. The salted caramel cheesecake has a pecan crust that is to die for. I really can't say enough. It has been 10 years since I have been here one of my favorite places of all time. :) well done.