“Excellent and casual!”

Ranked #20 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Mexican
“Excellent and casual!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We ate there 2 out of 5 days visiting and would have easily gone for a 3rd! Cant beat .99 cent taco night or any of the other specials! the Jr burrito is huge! They were out of guac the 1st time :( but enjoyed it the 2nd time!) we stopped on our way back after a late night on the beach and didn't feel like having to shower and get dressed and go back out. We ate at their tables and even had our own cold beers to go with it! (Not sure if that was OK or not but we did!) What's better than a cold one after a hot day on the beach?

• Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Very casual taco shack - good food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a surprise to find a urban type taco shack just off of downtown New Buffalo. The place is a walk up and order and then take with or they have tables outside. I had the fish tacos and they were good. I also had a small side of guacamole and was surprised how fresh it was. They make everything fresh at this place and as long as you are looking for good food that is real straight forward, you will enjoy.

The place from the street looks a little iffy, but as I said the tacos are good street food.

Visited July 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Awesome for Everyone (incl Allergies)”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place was so great that we went back three times in one weekend. Highlights included the tamales and the tacos, and the mexican sodas were a nice treat (bottled Jarritos). Prices are low and great (consistent with street tacos elsewhere). Everything is made right in-house, so for those of us with allergies, it's comforting that the employees can tell you what's in the food (and for their meats, nothing! It's just grilled meat - perfect!). Corn tortillas and chips are gluten-free and were great.

The food is plentiful and more than I was expecting. Whereas, I normally can eat 2-3 "street" tacos, one of Rios tacos was enough.

Highly recommend this place and they have great hours and a drive through.

• Visited July 2014
Chicago
“So much food.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My rule for Mexican and BBQ restaurants is as follows - If the place looks like it should be condemned, the food will condemn your tongue to happiness.

Rios fits the bill. It's this tiny little shack you'd probably drive past if you didn't know better. But thanks to Yelp, I knew better!

I rocked the #4 combo - A large burrito with spicy chicken, a huge soft drink, chips and salsa.

Let's break this down.

The burrito? Enormous. It's more than 12 hours later and I'm still not hungry. The chicken was good, though it was elevated to the next level when I blasted it with their hot sauce. This thing is the size of a newborn baby (and nearly as messy).

The chips were good, made on site.

The salsa was plentiful. I hate when Mexican joints skimp on the salsa. No such problem here.

The soda was the size of an oil drum.

My girlfriend wanted me to tell Yelp that the quesadilla was out of this world. Very messy, though.

If you're in New Buffalo, this is an awesome way to get a metric ton of delicious food for a reasonable price. Hit it!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank BowmanInc
Michigan City, Indiana
“Fab food on a lovely summer night!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Order superb, authentic Mexican food, take it to your picnic table, and enjoy beach summer livin'! Everything was great, staff was cheeky, lots of fun. Reasonably priced food, more refreshing than going to a fancy restaurant. (Minus the margaritas.)

• Visited May 2014