See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 26, 2008

We visited Sans Souci in Feb of 08. It was great. We arrived late at night and stayed in the Kingfisher Suite. It was wonderful to wake up to a big snowy picuture window that looked out over a lake! My 5 year old was fascinated by all the birds feeding at the bird feeders. Our breakfast arrived right on time, and it included something for all of us - delicious! We didn't get to use the gigantic whirlpool tub in the room (my 5 year old was disappointed) but we'll be back to make sure we do! The Kingfisher Suite is very romantic - I wish I'd known about it for our honeymoon!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2008

If you want to get away from it all, this is the place. Angie was wonderful. She really made us feel welcome and part of the family. The accommodations were spotlessly clean and the featherbedding and high quality mattress provided excellent (and much needed) rest. The breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit, coffee, milk, orange juice, home-made muffins, granola and eggs. We stayed at Sans Souci with plans to go antiquing and shopping. But Sans Souci has such beautiful surroundings that we will be back just to lounge on the beach and stroll around the private lake. I will never forget the sight of the early morning mist rising off the lake.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2008

We visit Sans Souci regularly. We appreciate the comfortable rooms and the property is unique, well kept and beautiful. My daughter is six and it's where she would prefer to spend every summer weekend. She enjoys swimming iin the lake and hicking the paths. We got a lot of relaxation from our last visit. Great fireplace and wonderful breakfast thanks to Angie, Sue and staff!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2007

Sans Souci was nothing special, despite a really nice website and high prices. I booked the Sunset cottage for two nights and would not go back for the money. They seemed to be more interested in my cash than in ensuring we had a relaxing time, pushing us to stay an extra night (even after I asked for late checkout and was told it was impossible because someone had reserved the cottage right after us!).

Overall, the property was just okay. But I have stayed at cheaper, nicer, and friendlier places in the area before.

Stayed: April 2007