“Excellent stay”

Ranked #2 of 7 New Buffalo B&B and Inns
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We frequent this inn as a quiet getaway in the off season. Not much to do in winter, but that's what makes it so wonderful. The suites are winderful. we have stayed in 4 different.Summers are very busy in this town.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank nmnorris5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Warrenville, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Wonderful getaway for the weekend. Our hotel room had a large living space, kitchen, two bedrooms and large bathroom. Our January stay included a snow storm, but no worries we were content staying in by the fireplace. We will definitely come back again soon! The staff and owners were amazing and helped make our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindaDH2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I booked the Rose Bud as it is pet friendly and we couldn't have been more excited to bring our puppy! The Rose Bud had everything a fireplace, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen & plenty of seating!

Having the full kitchen was amazing! We were able to bring our own food & cook home cooked meals it felt just like going away to your own private get away. My only complaint for the kitchen is to line the drawers with shelving paper as the utensils and cutlery were not 100% clean but that was fixed by washing it.

The living space was great enough room for our puppy to play and us to hang out and read. The fire place was a fantastic touch. We did not use the TV the entire weekend and frankly there shouldn't be a need for TV when there are so many great thing around to do.

The bedrooms were spacious & had great closet space. Yes, as like other reviewers said the bed is stiff but for a short weekend it didn't bother us. The bathrooms again were clean and had plenty of towels. Only gripe the vents were very dusty nothing a good cleaning can't take care of.

Overall we cannot wait to go back, we loved how close the cottage was to everything in town. Very accommodating and safe when we would go out. Also it was a great price for the two of us and our puppy we basically had a entire house!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arsine A
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel makes you feel like you're at home away from home. Beautifully decorated to compliment the charming lakeside town, you can tell how much thought went into pulling everything together. They even provide handmade soap in your bathroom and have it for sale as well.

They have a spa on the grounds and I received a massage there the first time I stayed years ago. The massage was good, she didn't ask if the pressure was enough and I was left wanting more but it was relaxing nonetheless. There is also an outdoor hot tub that was wonderful to relax in in the evening.

The hotel is near to just about everything which is wonderful if you'd like to go out but it's equally as nice to enjoy the fireplace and stay in!

I only had two issues during my last visit: The jacuzzi tub in our room wouldn't turn on and then, once it got on (after nearly a half hour of trying) it wouldn't turn off. This lead to our other issue, getting someone to come out and take care of the problem. I understand how the inn is run (the families live nearby and are in and out often) but when I called the number left at the front desk, the woman I spoke to was rude and told me she couldn't come out to help and didn't know where anyone else was. Again, I understand people have lives but what I don't understand is not making certain someone is always available to help guests of your business. I would have at least appreciated being told she would get there as soon as possible or that she would try to find someone to come help out but I was left feeling like there was no solution and that we wouldn't get to enjoy an amenity we were so looking forward to. Eventually someone came and took care of the issue, so I am thankful for that.

In all, I believe the woman I dealt with that last visit was just a blip on an otherwise perfect trip. The inn is wonderful, the spa is great and I think anyone who goes there will enjoy themselves!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aleka S
Lake Station, Indiana
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a cozy-at-home feeling the moment we walked into the Galien. Stayed 3 nights for my birthday. Immaculate and has a great beachy feel. (My husband) enjoyed cooking breakfast in the fully stocked kitchen (just bring the food).
Got use of the fireplace as the nights get a bit cool in October. NO issues with the location near the main highway. Great sound machine for sleeping at night and bedroom located in rear. SUPER comfortable king size bed. Husband raved about it AND the fabulous shower! I also enjoyed the massage and facial at the Spa.
Thank you Lisa--You take pride in what you have there! Will certainly be returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 164TravelPrincess
Rantoul, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I took our first trip to the area and this place was very nice. We stayed two nights in Snug harbor. Other than being a little dated it was perfect to what we needed. We went to the beach for a nice walk, ( within 5 minutes) and spent lots of time touring local wineries 14 within an hour from here. We were greeted when we arrived and never needed anything. Sitting area is perfect, bedroom was comfortable and the 2 person hottub was great. We would definitly return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim B
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful and cozy with everything one would want for an anniversary get away. The gals there were even generous enough to keep our luggage at the spa for the day after we checked out, so we could go on a wine tour that my husband surprised me with! Thank you! Only suggestion would be to add a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Review posted by Steve's wife

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Inn at Union Pier
Inn at Union Pier
#2 of 4 in Union Pier

Been to New Buffalo Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!