Like with any public beach there are both positives and some negatives. I think over all this is an excellent and fun beach experience. Here are my top positives and the negatives that I have found.
- Large public Lake Michigan beach
- Fun walking paths up mid-sized dunes (kids and adults love them)
- staircase up the dunes with fantastic views
- A popular rock pier that goes into Lake Michigan that can be climb on (at your own risk of course)
- Many miles of beautiful lake front walking (there is a sign at the end saying it private beach) but you can walk at the water edge for miles if you wish)
- very family friendly
- nancy snack bar right at the beach
- walking distance to town if you want to shop or restaurants - very nice SMALL town
- right next to the Marina - great boat watching
- paddle boats for rent
- playgrounds for kids
- rocky at the water edge - this is a pain - there is nice sand to sun on but at the water edge it is VERY rocky!
- parking at the beach is 10 dollars - you can park in town and walk 3 blocks for free
- small bathrooms, but very clean
- the walking bridge to town is only on one side and can get very busy during holidays (not a major issue, but can be frustrating
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.