New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Marina Grand Resort

Marina Grand Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in New Buffalo
Taylor, Michigan
“Beautiful Place, I would definately stay here again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Check in was very easy and Keenan was in a great mood. It's nice to be greeted by someone who loves their job and the company they work for. Very clean rooms and spacious areas. Love the fireplace! Can't wait to visit the cute little downtown tomorrow just down the street. What a great place! I LOVE the trendy room decor.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I realize that my previous review of Marina Grand was less than stellar, but this trip really made up for it 1000%.
Adam, the front desk clerk was a pleasure to talk to from the get go. He was helpful, informative, and funny.
We were coming in because my husband has a client in the area and would be working nearby for 2 days. Essentially, I would be stuck in the room for these 2 days. We had to book the least expensive room as it was on the company dime, but all I had to do was ask and Jasmine (the other front desk clerk) upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite. She understood that we couldnt ask the company to pay the extra money for it, but it would be great to have since I'd be in the room most of the time. I also have to mention that my husband ended up working much later than expected on our check out day, and although check out is meant to be at 12 noon, they were so understanding, and happy to extend me the courtesy of checking out much later than that (5:30pm) at no additional charge. I'm not sure if they would have been okay with this were it not the "off season" and if the hotel were at capacity, but they were very accomodatiing this time, and I really appreciated it.

The rooms were nicer than I remembered. A lush down blanket covered the pillow top bed (I can't remember the last time I slept so well), the bath tub was nice and deep (perfect for a long bath), and the livingroom and kitchen had all we needed to make ourselves comfortable.
LOVE that the coffeeshop/ store downstairs served COMPLIMENTARY coffee and tea to hotel guests, and although I didn't take advantage of it this time, I LOVE that they have bottles of wine and other miscellaneous items for sale down there.
The first day of my stay, I ended up taking the FREE shuttle bus on over to the casino to donate a little money. When I somehow missed the bus, Adam called them up and they had no problem turning around to get me. It was door to door (pleasant) service, and I couldn't have asked for more.
Marina Grand is quickly becoming one of our "home away from home" type of vacation spots, and with the excellent service, I'm sure we'll be visiting here for years to come.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
rachel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

First time staying at Marina Grand Resort....PERFECT! Standard Room on the 3rd floor overlooking Harbor....breathtaking views, very clean, king size Posturepedic Plush 4 Bed was extremely comfortable, huge bathroom, TV, Fireplace...nice bar and restaurant as well! What I liked is little town within walking distance with plenty of shops, Rosie's for Breakfast, Bruster's Italian Restorante for Dinner next to Fireplace, all on same block, plus, a perk was a Shuttle that picked us up and brought us back from Four Winds Casino, which was better than Las Vegas!!! What a wonderful time and place to vacation. We will be back soon! Recommend highly!

1 Thank SeabreezeDrive
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights and overall I felt pretty good about the place. It is very comfortable and the people are very nice. There were a few minor things that I would change but it only impacted my first impression and the longer I stayed there the more I liked it. We stayed during the off season so I am not sure how expensive the rooms are during peak, but for an autumn stay it was very reasonable!! I would definitely stay there again.

positives:
-comfortable bed
-big bathroom!!
-nice harbor view with terrace
-fireplace
-Brentwood restaurant was very good for both dinner and brunch. It has a cozy atmosphere.
-cafe was nice too...with free coffee
-game room with ping pong
-wifi was perfect

negatives:
Note: we stayed in a double queen room
-no refrigerator
-only one little garbage can in the bathroom
-outlet for computer was hard to find/reach
-furniture was slightly outdated
-colors were not my style but everyone has their own taste
-mirror in the closet was a bit small/hard to see yourself in

So really, the negatives were not all that bad and after the first day I pretty much forgot about them anyway. It was really an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

A large sitting room with kitchen area and a large lovely bedroom got the "wow" reaction
but then discovering the second bathroom off the living space and opening the curtains to
overlook the Harbor sealed the "wow" feeling. Had the rooftop patio to ourselves for a
glass of wine at sundown. Dinner at the Bentwood Tavern in the hotel was first class. Fish perfectly cooked and salad and vegetables top notch. This hotel and the restaurant deserve
attention -- it was our best meal on our vacation -- and ranks right up there as one of the best
in 2010. We are pretty picky people and the Marina Grand passed with flying colors.

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Just came back from a 2 night stay with my husband. Was a bit pricey, paid over $550 for 2 nights in a double queen room since there were no kings left. Hotel was at capacity for the weekend.

Room was on the 3rd floor ( vaulted cielings) on the marina with an excellent view. Patio with 2 chairs and a table.... very nice for relaxing and drinking coffee. Beds were very comfortbale one of the best ive slept in and also had down comforters. Fire place in the room with flat screen tv and large bathroom. There lots of small things that made this place enjoyable......free bike rental for an hour (we used for over 2 and not a problem) free dvd player and large movie collection. Bath and Body soap and shampoo. Pool closed at 10 but they didnt come and lock it up right away which was nice. Free coffee for guests in the cafe downstairs. This hotel was right in the little downtown area and a great location. Brentwood rest in the hotel was nice a bit pricey. Also ate Dinner at Skips, yummy had a dinner buffet for 28$ per person since we had a resv at Timothys but the comp system was all messed up and pushed dinner resv back over an hour... Had massages at the Harbour Grand on sunday morning.....The front desk staff was sweet and helpful. They let us have a late check out at 2pm! Would def stay here again !

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Wow, stayed here with partner, and his sister and brother in law. Great repsort even in the off season., We enjoyed the outdoor and indoor pools, immaculate in cleanliness. The jaccuzi was so inviting. Rooftop deck was great for those morning coffees..............
Had dinner out, love Stray Dog, that was steps away as well as the Bentwood located directly in the resort, great food and service was excellent. For my money, I'll be back again and again. Ask for Rooms 122/123........they are decorated so homey.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
#2 of 16 in Michigan City
3.5 of 5 stars 530 reviews

Been to Marina Grand Resort? Share your experiences!