Marina Grand Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(New Buffalo)
View Hotel
Four Winds Casino Resort(New Buffalo)
View Hotel
Golden Sands Motel(Michigan City)
Lakeside Inn(Lakeside)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop deckcoffee shopbentwood tavernfree coffeefull kitchenfront desksoaking tubbedroom suiteoutdoor poolsister propertygas fireplacethe hotel sitsperfect getawaynice patioget awaypublic beachwatching the boats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Just returned today from the Marina Grand. Three close girlfriends and I spent one night (I wish longer) at the Marina Grand Resort last night, sort of celebration of us all turning 50 this year - have known each other since kindegarten. We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom suite, first floor, 10 steps from water/harbor. I have traveled quite a bit over my years, and this place is one of the top of my list. Very classy but comfortable. We were all so very impressed with the room, front desk service, bar/restaurant and location. It was hopping at the restaurant on this cool March evening. Very fun! It was a great place to come back to after wine tasting. We totally enjoyed the ambiance of our room (tastefully decorated/comfortable) with the two fireplaces, 3 flat screen TVs, two outdoor patios and rain showers in both showers. Cannot say one bad thing about this place. I will be back! Highly recommend it. Even when the prices go up during the summer, you will be totally satisfied. (They have both an indoor and outdoor pool, plus a rooftop deck to enjoy the view of the water.) Get a room on the 1st floor facing the water. You will not be disaappointed. Loved it!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We enjoyed the quiet, the convenience, and the hospitality of the hotel. New Buffalo, Michigan is within 70 miles of Chicago; an easy drive on I-94. The hotel's Bentwood Tavern was exceptional and the Four Wins Casino (ten minutes away) was surprisingly large and sophisticated. The casino experience was great, but we appreciated returning to the peace and quiet of the harbor. We look forward to returning to New Buffalo during the summer season.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

My girlfriends and I just got back from weekend away in New Buffalo.

We were travelling from Chicago, and got a great trip just under an 1.5 hours away from the city. Vineyard touring, Four Winds Casino and Outlet shopping in Michigan City all made for a fun weekend without the timeoff sacrifice from work. [just beware the restaurants are not all smoke free like in IL]

The Marina Grand Resort is just down the road from it's sister hotel, the Grand Harbor. I say that only b/c the Grand Harbor, location-wise, is closer to the main part of New Buffalo then the Marina is. But really, it's maybe a 5 minute drive, so not really an issue.

Going just after the high Fall season, we were able to get into one of the 2 bedroom lofts for the weekend, and for a reasonable rate. All rooms at the hotel face the Marina, which is a great view to look at off your balcony. The loft rooms had 2 twins on the second floor, a kitchen area and half bath, living area with flatscreen tv and gas fireplace. The master bedroom had a king with master bath off the side.

We really felt the space was ample, and make it all the more relaxing when we were getting ready to go out for the day. We all said we would stay there again. Biggest complaint. Could use more elevators..and the stairs don't seem that accessible.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed at Marina Grand over Labor Day weekend. What a disappointment. It is a "W" want to be. Wants to act and look like high end lodging, but does not fit the bill.
Air and heat vent in the wall, which would be ok if it did not blow right onto second bed and hit the wall. So first bed gets no air/heat and bed two gets too much.
Structure seemed to be in good shape, but comfort items were lacking. No electrical hookups for charging of laptop, cameras etc. ,small room, no were to put bags. Nice touch with the gas fireplace however but to close to bed, just 2 feet away. In a room priced this high you would think the glasses and ice bucket would not be under the bathroom sink. Parking is on street good luck finding a place to park
Employees were rude.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kaybsix
Reviewed August 30, 2009

The website is confusing and unclear about what you your room will be like. The king suite is the smallest room I've ever stayed at. There are no major amenities other than a balcony and a fireplace. No breakfast, tiny TV, and a smalltub are not what I was expecting for the price (over $300 per night with tax). The hallways were noisy and the furniture was banged up. The outdoor pool was so small that more than one person probably wouldn't fit. Though the service was friendly and the location was close to the center of New Buffalo, I expect better for what I paid. Call me cheap, but I don't think that I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple