“Great location for weekend stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Marina Grand Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Spent last weekend here for a late summer getaway from the city. It was perfect! The rooms were cheerfully decorated and the balcony overlooking the marina was a great spot for a glass of wine in the evening and a good cup of coffee in the morning. Having complementary coffee in the lobby was a nice touch as was being able to get beach chairs from the main desk. Of course the restaurant on the first floor was excellent. Since we enjoy the beach but like to take a dip in the pool we found everything we were looking for at the marina grand! Looking forward to a weekend away next year! By the way the shops along red arrow highway are not to be missed!

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Marina Grand Resort

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our group of four girls stayed in a standard double queen room. We were on the ground floor with a nice patio overlooking the Marina. The room was nice, with a fireplace and a small refridgerator. The bathroom was large and had a large vanity. There was only one mirror in the room, which was in the bathroom. With four ladies, it would have been nice to have another mirror outside the bathroom. The beds were comfy, pillows not as much, but I am picky about that.

We did visit the fitness center, which had just a couple of machines for cardio and weights. You can easily run or walk in the area for exercise, it's beautiful. The coffee shop which offered free regular brewed coffee in the mornings was a treat. The hotel has a nice rooftop deck with a great view. It was hot in the mornings in July, but would probably be better when the sun was less intense.

The location of the hotel is great. We walked to the beach, about a 10-15 mintue walk. There is a great italian restaurant which is also about a 10 minute walk, Brewsters, where we ate twice. They had great spinach and artichoke dip and yummy blueberry lemondrop martini's. Their menu changes nightly. I strongly suggest reservations or call ahead seating, it was always packed. We also enjoyed the restuarant at the hotel on our first evening. A nice spot for breakfast was The Grateful Diner, short drive away.

This is one of the better places to stay in the New Buffalo area.

Room Tip: All Rooms face the marina. Nice large patios on the ground level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank inmomofthreeboys
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed here before and we really like it , but our last experience was not good. Check in time is 4 pm , we had reservations , after we had spent the day at the beach my wife and our 3 grand daughters were ready to get in a room and clean up and relax. We arrived at 4:15 and found our room was not ready , about 15 min we were told , no problem it had been busy , said they would call when it was ready. We drove around did some other things for around 30 min. Called back and the girl at the front desk said the room is still not ready , my wife started to explain we had young girls and they were getting tried still had their swim suits on from the beach , she told us I said I would call when the room was ready and hung up the phone. I understand places get busy but I feel she could have invited us in to the pool to wait or at least offered a room that may have been ready , maybe offered a discount for being over an hour past check in , only attitude was offered , by now it was after 5 , called the Holiday Inn had a room and checked in 10 min later no reservation .Customer service was lacking on this day !!

5  Thank DPC6
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been visiting New Buffalo for 20 years. The bed and breakfast availability has shrunk considerably. We were referred to the Marina Grand several years ago. These units are owned by others but rented out by the night to tourists by the management. Great rooms, great views of the harbor. Note to all - ask for the best price and try to go near the end of the day. Rates get better!

1  Thank Fred T
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family 4th year vacation, weather was a perfect 10, and of course the Marina Grand is all we could ask for and more. Once again the staff, Inga, the front desk, all the staff in the coffee shop, and always with a smile and a greeting. Added a full suite and lock off unit this time to allow for all family to have a space, as always immaculate, super clean, and homey. Our 122/123 units which have so much charm from the owner feels like our own home away from home. We noticed the great upgrade they have done to the lockoff units with its own coffee area and mini frig, although we requested an additional mini frig which they provided immidiately. Bentwood was great, sat on the terrace enjoyed the great breezes off Lake Michigan. If you are looking for a great place to relax, where the staff is super friendly, and well worth the price if your used to above average places to stay. I can never understand the negative reviews when referring to the Marina Grand, I can only imagine these people probably belong in an Econolodge. We just love it here. Already scheduled for our next vacation.

Room Tip: We enjoy the first floor near the restaurant, and close to the front desk
1  Thank gymguy45
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could give this place a five but I had a few problems. First of all as far as service goes I would expect some help with bags at $350 a night. Secondly we had a loud kids on both sides of us waking us very early in the morning. The rooms were pretty small with no refrigerator. On the plus side the manager took some money off my room for disturbing kids. The restaurant and staff at the restaurant were GREAT! The view from entire property is nice if you like the marina. I never got a chance to visit the pool. I also think they should have at least a few bottled waters in your room. They do have Nice amenities like coffee shop and good decor. Thanks to inga the manger.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Coloradoluvsfood
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I paid nearly $400 for a one night stay, in what turned out to be a pretty small room, with no refrigerator or furniture (other than an old, damaged desk) and a bathroom straight out of the 1950's (no shower, just a tub with a shower curtain). while the place was clean, and the bathroom facilities were fine, I would think you would only pay $150 or so for the accomodation. I have actually stayed in London for less money, and a better room, for gosh sakes. It's about 1 full mile from the not-so-nice beach (really Illinois, Indiana and Michigan residents, we have much better beaches all over Lake Michigan), and the small balcony overlooks a marina, a view that gets old after about 15 minutes. I was extremely disappointed for what this place cost.

Not sure why others are giving it so many good marks.

Room Tip: Unless you get a price of $150 per night or less, avoid this place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#3 of 16 in Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph

Been to Marina Grand Resort? Share your experiences!