“Best breakfast around. No need to leave the hotel”
Review of Bentwood Tavern

Bentwood Tavern
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Berrien
Description: Chef Jenny Drilon's sophisticated spin on pub fare, responsibly sourced and beautifully prepared. A warm, friendly gathering place featuring eight Michigan craft beers on tap and a curated wine list. Waterfront dining with outdoor seating available whenever weather allows. Lunch and dinner daily, with brunch from 9am on weekends. Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Reviewed March 4, 2019

We had breakfast Sunday morning. We had the Blue Berry pancakes and the Fertatda, with a side of sausage. Large portions great fresh food. Best breakfast we had in a while. Will definitely eat here again.

We got there just when they opened but it filled up fast as everybody checking out later that morning was eating there. The service was still excellent.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019

Our family dined here for Brunch, and the food and service were excellent. There were eight of us, two with dietary restrictions. Our server, Sue B, did a great job of making sure the dishes chosen were safe for the two with dietary restrictions. We enjoyed everything from the bloody mary's to the pretzel appetizer to the breakfast burritos to the salads. Given we visited here during winter, I can only imagine how great it would be during the summer months with the view of the harbor. I would definitely return if ever back in New Buffalo.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary at the Tavern. Was seated next to the brick oven. Too warm for me as I was uncomfortable, but I am hot natured. The wine portion was better than most restaurants and the tuna appetizer was tasty and plentiful for sharing. The entres were good and again nice portions for hungry appetites. The dessert was my favorite. Profiteroles to die for. My husband had the orange cake which was quite good but the preferred better choice would be the house made profiteroles. Pizzas looked amazing and we will return. The plate of dessert is the after, forgot the before lol.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2018

We were able to get one of the last reservations of the afternoon. I had the Prime Rib and my husband had the Turkey. Everything was outstanding! We did have to bring a little bit home with us for leftovers- but that was no problem!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018

The girls went there for dinner after a winery tour. Sat outside on the terrace. Very nice. The food and cocktails were very good

Date of visit: July 2018