“Nice Views!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bentwood Tavern

Bentwood Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Bentwood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Berrien
Description: Chef Jenny Drilon's sophisticated spin on pub fare, responsibly sourced and beautifully prepared. A warm, friendly gathering place featuring eight Michigan craft beers on tap and a curated wine list. Waterfront dining with outdoor seating available whenever weather allows. Lunch and dinner daily, with brunch from 9am on weekends. Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Mooresville, IN
“Nice Views!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We ate dinner here with 4 adults. I tried to get reservations ahead of time for a Friday night on open table and they only had 6 or 9 pm. However, when I called the restaurant the manager told me to call when we checked into our hotel (Marina Grand) and they would do their best to accommodate our reservation since we were staying onsite. Our service was very good and everyone liked their food. I ordered the whitefish special and it was very tender and flavorful. I would order again, Also the calamari was very good. We would come here all the time if we lived closer!!!

Visited May 2014

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“Good Steak”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I tried this restaurant and liked it. The food was good and staff friendly. The steaks had good flavor along with twice baked potato w/Boursin cheese was really good. The prices we felt were on the high side, $36.00 for 8oz. steak, but the restaurant is in a marina area and draws the Chicagoland folks. During the boating season reservations would be a must as there are not many dining tables and a small bar area. This restaurant is in a "rental/hotel" type complex and again during season swells to several thousand people. We agreed that we would come back another time.

• Visited May 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great dinner spot! ”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for something casual but nice for my birthday dinner.
Service and food were amazing!
Prosciutto and fig pizza, pretzel bites (honey mustard sauce/ cheese sauce) and goat cheese dip all so good and fresh
I live in Grand Rapids ( second largest city in michigan) and we only have a few spots like this
We were impressed with bentwood and to be located in the small town of new buffalo!
They even had titos vodka which is my favorite
The view was beautiful and I can image in the summer it's even better
We will be going back

Indiana
“On the water”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Harbor Grand but wanted to visit their new sister property. So we went to the Bentwood for appetizer and cocktails. The service was great from Kimberlee. Pub chips with onion dip, the chips were nice and light and the dip had a depth of onion flavor but not overwhelming. Also the baked asiago and goat cheese with flat bread was wonderful. I had the Autumn Orchard martini which was very good, mixed well and decorated with cranberries. We would definitely try this place for dinner. Looks like it would be a great spot in the summer with the outdoor patio and Marina.

Visited December 2013
South Bend
“A good find in New Buffalo”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Having eaten at all the usual spots in New Buffalo, we were happy to discover Bentwood Tavern. Coming from South Bend, we met family from Chicago for dinner before heading to a show at the Acorn Theater in Three Oaks. Our waitress took good care of us, explaining menu items well. The tuna martini appetizers were really delicious. The entree selections were varied and interesting, and we all enjoyed our meals. The prices were reasonable, and the atmosphere comfortable.

• Visited November 2013