“great evening”
Review of Bentwood Tavern

Bentwood Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Bentwood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Berrien
Description: Chef Jenny Drilon's sophisticated spin on pub fare, responsibly sourced and beautifully prepared. A warm, friendly gathering place featuring eight Michigan craft beers on tap and a curated wine list. Waterfront dining with outdoor seating available whenever weather allows. Lunch and dinner daily, with brunch from 9am on weekends. Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I had dinner there on Sunday Sept 30th and as always had a wonderful dining experience! I had the duck and my wife had the seared scallops. Our server was Elisha and she was delightful and charming! Thanks for a wonderful experience and we will be back in New Buffalo in January.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went in for lunch today. We were seated at a dirty table even though there were plenty of clean, empty tables available. We waited 20 minutes to place our order. Twenty minutes later we still were not served even though other folks who were seated after us had been served. After 45 minutes still no food...and we had just ordered salads. Finally walked out and had a great lunch at Nanis cafe in union pier

5  Thank mdemko
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Went in for lunch and we were greeted with a smile right when we walked in! We sat inside the beautiful dinning room and Micheal was our server! He was a pleasure to have as our server. He recommended the tuna tartar as an appetizer which was excellent. I was in the mood for breakfast, so he suggested the steak and eggs! My steak was prepared exactly how I asked. Overall amazing time, and Micheal made our experience fun and relaxing. There was one other server Kathy who even came to refill our waters! Great staff at the Bentwood Tavern and excellent food as well! We will definitely be back soon!! Thank you for the great lunch!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We enjoyed eating dinner on the deck pre crowd. Our server was personable, capable and helpful with making selections. For some reason I asked to know about the desserts first saying that when I was little my grandma let us order them before entrees. She was very playful and professional immediately helping us line up our possibilities. Food and drinks arrived with perfect timing, and the table was kept cleared. Grilled shrimp was generous in quantity and flavor. Then dessert! We shared a light and delicious meringue with whipped cream, almonds and fresh fruit. I'd not had anything like it, but would love to again. Fun.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

THE Best restaurant in New Buffalo!
Everything excellent: service, food, ambience.
Can't say one bad thing.
I got a whole Dorado fish on my plate and was expecting to filet it myself, as I am fully capable. However, as I finished one side of the fish looking to get rid of the middle bone, I found that it had already been removed by the chef. I have never seen a whole fish presented and served already de-boned. I was impressed!!
Great energy, decor!! The servers are polite, courteous, and always service with a SMILE!!
New Buffalo doesn't have much to offer in terms of restaurants, so I want to say that this was one of the best restaurants anywhere!! Bravo!