Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(New Buffalo)
View Hotel
Four Winds Casino Resort(New Buffalo)
View Hotel
Marina Grand Resort(New Buffalo)
View Hotel
Golden Sands Motel(Michigan City)
Lakeside Inn(Lakeside)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewspast reviewswould highly recommend this hotellake michiganwould stay againbuffalo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I just stayed at this motel and I cant say anything bad about the staff or the rooms...I even thought the $118 for 2 nights for a jacuzzi room was a bargain! I did feel very spooked out! I got no sleep because I constantly kept waking to dark blobs and down right scary feelings...I am wondering if anyone else had this experience? Super Creepy

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank ChristianBrein1988
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We were looking for a place with our Garmin, which unfortunately does not give reviews. When I called the number, the woman gave me a spiel about being able to give me this great rate just for tonight. When we arrived, she was doing the same with another caller, and I didn't realize why until we had committed to stay there.
It was a ghost town, and rightly so. I felt like I was on the set of "Psycho", but had paid WAY too much for the privilege.
Thank God we were too tired to look around much, but the total feeling was tacky, dirty and creepy.
The next morning we left and went to the Casino across the street, which by contrast was beautiful and fresh.
"O'Brien's Resort " is an expensive joke, and if they had any pride of ownership, they'd tear it down and start over.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RRBFenton
shar75, Hotel Manager at Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2009

Hello. I am the manager of this property and would like to post a response to this review as follows. I am assuming this guest stayed during the week when we are sometimes not as busy for him/her to say it is a ghost town.It could be true that the hotel was not packed if it was a weekday or an off season weekend. New Buffalo is a very popular tourist destination due to it's proximity to Chicago, the beach, state park, two casinos and many wineries, golf courses, shops and popular restaurants. The Inn is located one mile from town/beach as you get off the highway. We are set back off the highway after taking our private drive. The Inn is well lit and quiet. As stated in previous management responses I have been manager now for just a year and have along with the staff been working hard to make upgrades and provide the cleanest accomodations for our guests. When this guest states that she had a tacky feeling of the hotel I would like to say that while the property is a bit older and therefore more dated than some newer hotels it is well built and features unique qualities and character that is not alltogether tacky by any means. Having said that, I feel all guests are entitled to an opinion and have different ideas of what the hotel industry should offer. In regards to the customer service representative that assisted this guest, I can only think she was offering that evening's "best rate" as she is trained to do so, especially if we were not too busy on the evening this guest stayed, which I am assuming we were not based on this guest's assessment of the "ghost town" During this time of the year when this particular guest stayed we are just in the transition from higher seasonal rates to off season rates. I am truely sorry this guest had a "creepy ambiance" feeling to her/his experience at the resort. All I can really respond to that is that I have never been aware of any issues with unsavory characters in or around the hotel or any security breaches or issues.The Inn is in a "safe" area. It is a pretty fair sized location with longer hallways. I can say that I have stayed at many hotels and always feel a little erie walking around the hallways or exits late at night.

Reviewed August 19, 2008

Unfortunately I did not read any of the other reviews before booking a one night stay at this hotel. The website is misleading. I could not connect to the internet, the two televisions did not work, the pool was filthy and the deluxe continental breakfast turned out to be doughnuts and coffee. After complaining to the manager, she said she would give us a credit for our next stay. I told her I would never stay there again. I asked to speak with the owner and she told me she could not give me that information.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CincinnatiSmitty
obrieninn, management at Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2008

In response to this review I would like to first state how sorry we are this guest was not satisfied with his recent stay at O'Brien Inn and Resort. Since this date we have installed a brand new and updated television system. The televisions in his suite did work, however he was only able to access limited channels. We offer wireless internet throughout the facility and also include complimentary computer usage in the lobby. Breakfast menu consists of a variety of items including, waffles, bagels, english muffins, danish, mini muffins, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereals, coffee, juice, various teas and fruit. The pool is not dirty. It is up to standards and checked three times daily. Thank you for your reviews.

Reviewed August 1, 2008

Poor conditions all around. Staff rude, beds are horrible, air did not work properly. Reminded me of a poor motel wanting to be a resort. There is no resort about this other than the roach resort. You pay 5 times too much for this resort than it is worth. Drive 10 miles away and stay for less and much better.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank travelerhere

In response to this review I would like to take the time to post a management response. This guest states that the A/C unit in their assigned guest room was not working properly. We have qualified maintenance staff on site or on call at all times. I wish this guest would have reported this major inconvienence as we are very serious about correcting issues such as these. All reported A/C/Heat units are replaced or repaired immediately upon report...idealy reported by staff and not guests! I am sorry this guest did not feel like he or she was charged a fair price for the accomodations recieved or that the resort did not seem to be of "resort" quality. We are a resort due to our affiliation with Whittaker Woods Golf Community and offer packages for golf and hotel stay.I wonder if this person stayed in a suite room or in one of the standard rooms which are set up as pretty basic hotel rooms. This guest stated she could have driven down the road to less expensive hotels, which may be true as New Buffalo is a very desirable location and rates on average are higher in resort towns as such, especially in summer season. Even so, we strive to provide the most reasonable rates for travelers wanting to visit our town as we do have 98 rooms to offer. Thank-you for your responses.

Reviewed June 10, 2008

I am not one for bad-mouthing, but this serves as a warning to others to pass on this one. It was by far the filthiest hotel room that I have ever been in. When we arrived, the clerk told us we had no room. However, I had our confirmation # and after about 15 minutes of panicked discussion, they were able to locate a room. Our daughter was tired and wanted to take a nap. Upon pulling back the sheets of the bed, she found lots of crumbs and chocolate in the sheets! We had to call to have both beds made - because it obviously was not done before we arrived. Under the bed, it was another nightmare... used condoms amongst other filth. My cousin, who was staying in another room, also found a used condom under her bed. By far, this was the worst experience we had ever had with a hotel. This is also part of the Best Western chain.

I'm sorry it took so long to write the review. I wasn't aware of the ability to do this. If I had been aware, I might have tried to use these websites to help me in my hotel selection.

Words to the wise: DON'T DO IT!

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank LittleBirdie13

As manager of this property I would like to point out this guest did not leave a post until after almost a year from the date she stayed, so therefore the review is dated June of 2008, when she actually stayed in August of 2007. As I have stated in previous responses to reviews of the inn we are under new management and have taken much pride in employing a new and dedicated cleaning staff. It is our main goal to provide the cleanest accomodations. Our manager of housekeeping is a very articulate woman and she and her team have been working very hard this past year to correct any past issues. I am confident that cleanliness at the inn is up to standards and beyond. Once again, I feel this is evidenced not only by personal inspection but also by that of our many repeat guests and their positive feedback.