“Garbage”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
KY
“Garbage”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Run, pay the extra to stay somewhere else! Filthiest hotel I've ever been in. Sons bed broke, come to find out it had been duct taped 2gether. Pool looks like swamp water, look for gators to inhabit the pool soon. Floors are sticky, water smells of sulfer/well water, carpet has mold smell, water ran all nite in the bathroom. Our rooms were not cleaned for two days, and I had to go after our own towels they had stacked up on the clerks desk. Manager refused to tell me his name. I later got it from a cop's wife, who had a horrible experience with him as well. Door keys did not work. Pool combination password was null. Was told "the maid'' got sick and went home, only to learn there were 5 maids, and no one got their rooms cleaned. I asked for a discount, manager said ok & wrote something down behind the desk...upon ckout, the clerk showed me where he wrote "no discount" for our room!
The clerk continued to tell me she had a lawsuit against the hotel, yet was still working there....puzzled on that one. We contested the bill with our credit card. The hotel failed to reply to our written complaint, so we paid nothing for the wkend stay in hell! There was a line of 6 or 7 ppl with complaints as we checked out, all of which filled out a complaint form about the nasty service we all received and the attitude of the manager, Kyle. I am shocked this hotel is still operating. The health dept should shut it down, as well as osha. When we come back to Michigan we will be staying elsewhere. I even stood there & told the clerk I was not paying for our stay, that I would contest the charges, she told me she would do the same thing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank WiserNextTime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is HORRIBLE. The hallways and rooms all wreak of carpet cleaning chemicals. Our bathroom was filthy and the water was a brownish yellow color, smelled of copper and left your skin smelling metallic after showering. Even worse, our bathroom was infested with fruit flies!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank NDsoccermom

Travelers are raving about these New Buffalo hotels

Elwood, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Please do not stay here, this place is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Screwed up reservation, manager not on sight on Labor day weekend, place stunk. Hotel linens were dingy and old, blanket stained, towels were rough and shabby. Everything about this place sucks and we had the best room in the dump. Sorry I did not read more on hotels in the area, next time I will be staying at the casino know matter what the price. We were told this Presidential suite normally cost $250.00 we got it for $109 since they messed up our reservations. The place was old, Jacuzzi was disgusting, dirty, smelly, old carpeting, old furniture, old t.v., noisy vents, dreary old curtains, bed was tilted and linens felt dirty like they were not changed. Have never commented on a place other then to praise it but felt the need to be honest about our experience. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!! Really should be shut down.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Thomas F
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I must say I was excited to hear they had a pool and a free breakfast! But then I walked into this outdated junk yard and wished I hadn't made reservations, with their non existent cancelation policy! Our beds were nice in the fact that you could bounce on them and our room was somewhat clean! Our television was broken and the bathroom was gross! This place could be great if the right ownership invested into it! The pool was outdated but somewhat clean! The pool toilet was never cleaned and looked nasty! If you can ignore rust stains, nasty floors, broken everything, 1970 style junk, dirty bathrooms, and a below breakfast then this place is for you! Or you can save money for the casino and sleep in your vehicle! Run!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Matt61786
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2012

please do not stay here. i am so sorry that i didn't read the reviews first. I spent $128 for such awful accomodations... hallways smelled of cigeratte smoke, overall feel of place was unused ...dumped.
smelly water in shower and slick...
towels so small and thin...
my husband was competining in 1/2 marathon and it was labor day weekend and everything was booked...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank benita o
Wyandoote
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Thanks to the poor reviews on this site, we canceled our reservations. No a/c, smelling of unine, funk and as* , rotten egg water and bugs did it for me. For the hell of it we did drive around the building and it's far from a resort. It really looks old and dumpy.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michael C
milford, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room they offered us was not clean, smelled of urine and funk. The floors were sticky (possibly from the urine) one of the beds broke when my 4 year sat on it. The door wouldn’t close or lock. There were no micro waves or refrigerators. I can’t see how anyone would spend the night there. Within an half hour of arriving my wife asked for our money back. We know of three families in the half hour we were there that demanded refunds and left because of the filth. The manager was rude and only agreed to refund half. One cannot be tired enough to stay at this garbage dump. There is no doubt in my mind the comment about bed bugs is true.We went up the road a bit and stayed at a super 8 for $10 more, it was clean and spacious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!