“GO ELSEWHERE, SLEEP IN YOUR VEHICLE!!!!”

Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I must say I was excited to hear they had a pool and a free breakfast! But then I walked into this outdated junk yard and wished I hadn't made reservations, with their non existent cancelation policy! Our beds were nice in the fact that you could bounce on them and our room was somewhat clean! Our television was broken and the bathroom was gross! This place could be great if the right ownership invested into it! The pool was outdated but somewhat clean! The pool toilet was never cleaned and looked nasty! If you can ignore rust stains, nasty floors, broken everything, 1970 style junk, dirty bathrooms, and a below breakfast then this place is for you! Or you can save money for the casino and sleep in your vehicle! Run!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Matt61786
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Reviewed September 3, 2012

please do not stay here. i am so sorry that i didn't read the reviews first. I spent $128 for such awful accomodations... hallways smelled of cigeratte smoke, overall feel of place was unused ...dumped.
smelly water in shower and slick...
towels so small and thin...
my husband was competining in 1/2 marathon and it was labor day weekend and everything was booked...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank benita o
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Thanks to the poor reviews on this site, we canceled our reservations. No a/c, smelling of unine, funk and as* , rotten egg water and bugs did it for me. For the hell of it we did drive around the building and it's far from a resort. It really looks old and dumpy.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room they offered us was not clean, smelled of urine and funk. The floors were sticky (possibly from the urine) one of the beds broke when my 4 year sat on it. The door wouldn’t close or lock. There were no micro waves or refrigerators. I can’t see how anyone would spend the night there. Within an half hour of arriving my wife asked for our money back. We know of three families in the half hour we were there that demanded refunds and left because of the filth. The manager was rude and only agreed to refund half. One cannot be tired enough to stay at this garbage dump. There is no doubt in my mind the comment about bed bugs is true.We went up the road a bit and stayed at a super 8 for $10 more, it was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Heidi W
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is the absolute worst place I have ever stayed in. I honestly don't know how they are in business. I would think they would fix the place up a bit, but it smells, it's old, dirty....... Beds are old, dirty...... Water from the sinks smell so bad you need to buy bottled water at $2 apiece, and they don't have change...... King rooms are so ridiculous, have a shower curtain between the bed and the toilet....... I am being 100% honest when I say I would rather sleep in my car than this dump. I can't wait until this place is torn down.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Eric A
Reviewed July 15, 2012

O'BRIENS RESORT.....truly bad,,,and I don't mind motel 6...lol........it was probably nice in 1975....it was by far the cheapest area hotel, and I see why....but it still was over $130/night......room was 60 degrees when we got there, everything at least 30 years old, including the carpet.....checkout was 11:00,,,maid came barging into our room at 10am !!!! WORST breakfast buffett EVER....vending machine had better food......at least we just were there for a quick sleep then off to the beach today !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank socrog
Reviewed July 12, 2012

First off..lets start with the garbage...it was everywhere..just to get into the door you had to first get past the wheel barrow full of garbage..the rooms are run down and all the chairs at the pool are broken..130.00 a night for this dump..pay the extra 70.00 and go somewhere else..The location is good it's quick to everything but really this hotel is a complete mess..I didn't even shower in the morning i just quickly left I couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#3 of 16 in Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!