“Looks like a dump.”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Wyandoote
“Looks like a dump.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Thanks to the poor reviews on this site, we canceled our reservations. No a/c, smelling of unine, funk and as* , rotten egg water and bugs did it for me. For the hell of it we did drive around the building and it's far from a resort. It really looks old and dumpy.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michael C

milford, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room they offered us was not clean, smelled of urine and funk. The floors were sticky (possibly from the urine) one of the beds broke when my 4 year sat on it. The door wouldn’t close or lock. There were no micro waves or refrigerators. I can’t see how anyone would spend the night there. Within an half hour of arriving my wife asked for our money back. We know of three families in the half hour we were there that demanded refunds and left because of the filth. The manager was rude and only agreed to refund half. One cannot be tired enough to stay at this garbage dump. There is no doubt in my mind the comment about bed bugs is true.We went up the road a bit and stayed at a super 8 for $10 more, it was clean and spacious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Heidi W

Travelers are raving about these New Buffalo hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is the absolute worst place I have ever stayed in. I honestly don't know how they are in business. I would think they would fix the place up a bit, but it smells, it's old, dirty....... Beds are old, dirty...... Water from the sinks smell so bad you need to buy bottled water at $2 apiece, and they don't have change...... King rooms are so ridiculous, have a shower curtain between the bed and the toilet....... I am being 100% honest when I say I would rather sleep in my car than this dump. I can't wait until this place is torn down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Eric A
Grand Rapids mi
Reviewed July 15, 2012

O'BRIENS RESORT.....truly bad,,,and I don't mind motel 6...lol........it was probably nice in 1975....it was by far the cheapest area hotel, and I see why....but it still was over $130/night......room was 60 degrees when we got there, everything at least 30 years old, including the carpet.....checkout was 11:00,,,maid came barging into our room at 10am !!!! WORST breakfast buffett EVER....vending machine had better food......at least we just were there for a quick sleep then off to the beach today !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank socrog
Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012

First off..lets start with the garbage...it was everywhere..just to get into the door you had to first get past the wheel barrow full of garbage..the rooms are run down and all the chairs at the pool are broken..130.00 a night for this dump..pay the extra 70.00 and go somewhere else..The location is good it's quick to everything but really this hotel is a complete mess..I didn't even shower in the morning i just quickly left I couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank alecnmacy
Saint Paul
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were on a road trip and just needed a place to sleep for the night, so we spent only about 12 hours in the room. The room wasn't very clean (but it wasn't filthy, either), the floor/padding underneath the carpet was mushy (and it felt like the carpet was damp), and there was a residual stink from when the motel must have been a smoking facility. I am not sure why this is called a "resort" as its pretty dingy. I didn't notice bugs (as mentioned by another reviewer) and the sheets were clean (although the bottom sheets didn't quite fit and I noted that my husband's bed had a stained mattress). The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. I am 5'9 and the bed was about as long as I am; my feet felt like they were dangling over the end of the bed all night. Because of the stinkiness, neither my husband or I slept very well. Our room was $117 with tax and it felt over-priced.

On this road trip we discovered many dingy motels for about $100/night, so this may be par for the course. I think this motel was more expensive than it should have been because it was in a vacation-type area. We should have stayed on the road longer, perhaps, as we could have found a similar dive for a little less money!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pinamae
Chicago
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We held a function in New Buffalo on Oct 29th. We were looking for an affordable and flexible location to suggest to our guests to stay. (Since the Casino openned prices have at more than doubled in hotels we use to use). the hotel manager really came through for us! He kept adding rooms as the size of our group increased. They took care of us and our guests. We were given access to the meeting room and they fully set it up for us. They proved to be caring and accomodating and lived up to their statement that they wanted us to have a memorable experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family